- Brisbane QLD, Australia
- Job Field: Software Engineer
NEXTDC designs, builds and operates next generation data centres using cutting edge technology, providing local and international companies with premium data storage facilities that enable them to transition to a cloud computing environment. Going from a start up to a scale up, NEXTDC is an ASX200 listed company with five, soon to be eight, data centres in five capital cities.
At NEXTDC, we know that our success depends on the talents of our people and we foster a culture of continued learning and development. Our culture is built on collaboration and innovation, we are passionate about what we do and we are committed to our mission to be the leading customer-centric data centre services company.
Our new Software Engineer will be responsible for the development of NEXTDC's software product portfolio and related technologies to support our data centre operations and customers, particularly with regards to API.
You will lead the software design and introduction of NEXTDC software and platforms and promote the business benefits of API’s within NEXTDC. This role will involve ensuring the quality and usability of the API infrastructure and assist product and delivery team to ensure designed solutions are exactly what we need as a business to enhance systems’ architecture, designs and blueprints.
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science, Information systems, Computer Engineering, System analysis or a related field
- Relevant work experience, including exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Experience in several programming languages and products such as:
- An understanding of cloud computing and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
- Results orientated with a strong ability to design effective solutions and influence design decisions
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies, including Scrum and Test-Driven Development
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts to an audience of differing experiences and backgrounds. Some experience working with executive level stakeholders.
National team working across various projects with great opportunity to upskill