24x7 Data Centre Technician
- Port Melbourne VIC 3207, Australia
- Job Field: 24x7 Data Centre Technician
NEXTDC designs, builds and operates next generation data centres using cutting edge technology, providing local and international companies with premium data storage facilities that enable them to transition to a cloud computing environment. Going from a start up to a scale up, NEXTDC is an ASX200 listed company with data centres in five capital cities.
At NEXTDC, we know that our success depends on the talents of our people and we foster a culture of continued learning and development. Our culture is built on collaboration and innovation, we are passionate about what we do and we are committed to our mission to be the leading customer-centric data centre services company.
We are currently looking for a Data Centre Technician to join the facilities team which operates on a 24/7 basis.
Based in Port Melbourne, the purpose of this role is to support the Facility Management team with the day-to-day operations of the data centre by providing high quality & efficient technical maintenance and customer service.
The successful candidate will be required to work a 4 day on/off rotating shift roster, the day shifts are from 7am - 7pm and the night shifts from 7pm - 7am.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Delivery of cabling needs, electrical and data, to customer racks and areas
- Attend to remote Hands Request
- Assist with the maintenance of all core electrical and mechanical systems
- Ensure that facility problems are identified and resolved in a timely manner
- Cleaning and manual handling
- Excellent customer service, communication skills and a 'can do' attitude
- Basic knowledge of data centres, data cabling and cable management
- A passion for learning about telecommunications and how things work!
- Keen interest in fixing and solving problems
- TAFE Cert in Telecommunications (desirable)
- Must be an Australian Citizen because of Security Clearances
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to launch their career in the Data Centre industry. On the job and external training will be provided for the successful candidate.