Head of Network Operations
- Macquarie Park NSW 2113, Australia
- Job Field: Head of Network Operations
At NEXTDC, it is our firm belief that the success of our business is underpinned by the extraordinary talents of our people. We live and breathe a ‘customer first’ ethos, placing our customers at the centre of everything we do. In order to deliver to our customers an exceptional experience that they won’t find elsewhere, we look to our exceptional people.
Today’s digitally advanced world needs an infrastructure platform to support it. NEXTDC is an ASX200 listed technology company and we design, build and operate a national footprint of premium data centres that enable Australian and international organisations to transform their organisation digitally.
The Head of Networks will oversee all activities related to the NEXTDC production network including coordinating customer, carrier and partner connections. They will also assist in establishing peering with partner networks at third party locations, and will work closely with NEXTDC service management and operations teams to ensure a high quality of service to our network users.
- Planning, implementing and operating of NEXTDC’s networking platform & production network
- Monitor, track, and respond to inbound requests from other network operators
- Interact with a ticketing system, provide status updates to internal and external parties, and track provisioning of new peering connections.
- Assist data center and network operations engineers' in provisioning cross connects and network resources.
- Build and update internal network provisioning, monitoring and customer facing tools, and other relevant documentation;
- Build small and effective teams to operate the network, analyse traffic, manage partner relationships, support customers, improve portals and automation.
- Overseeing the allocation of engineering team resources to infrastructure projects associated with systems engineering including system upgrades and rollouts
- A Bachelor's Degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience is required
- Proven experience in leading and managing teams
- Experience working in a Layer 2 and Layer 3 network operating role on a large network
- Experience working with major cloud operators & providers
- Understanding and experience with large scale data centre traffic engineering and associated needs and pitfalls
- An analytical, data-driven approach toward solving complex challenges.
- Knowledge of private and public network technology, IP peering ecosystems, and IP transit
- Ability to create complex financial models to understand business impacts of various network solutions is required.
- Comfortable with BGP, VXLAN and other advanced networking protocols on various switching and routing platforms, plus Linux/Unix skills (or equivalent).
- Strong understanding of the telecommunications regulatory environment
- Must be able to handle highly sensitive and confidential data with a diplomatic and friendly approach
- Fun work culture
- Vital part of NextDC
- Being you is Powerful – it’s the NEXTDC way