Data Centre Technician
- Malaga WA 6090, Australia
- Job Field: Data Centre Support Technician
NEXTDC designs, builds and operates next generation data centres using cutting edge technology, providing local and international companies with premium data storage facilities that enable them to transition to a cloud computing environment. Going from a start up to a scale up, NEXTDC is an ASX200 listed company with data centres in five capital cities.
At NEXTDC, we know that our success depends on the talents of our people and we foster a culture of continued learning and development. Our culture is built on collaboration and innovation, we are passionate about what we do and we are committed to our mission to be the leading customer-centric data centre services company.
We are currently looking for a passionate Data Centre Technician to join our highly skilled WA facilities team.
Based in Malaga, the purpose of this role is to support the Facility Manager with the day-to-day operations of the data centre by providing high quality & efficient technical maintenance and customer service.Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist with customer equipment and installations
- Delivery of cabling needs, electrical and data, to customer racks and areas
- Attend to Remote Hands Request
- Assist with the maintenance of all core electrical and mechanical systems
- Ensure that facility problems are identified and resolved in a timely manner
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Hands on experience with fibre optic cabling
- Excellent customer service, communication skills and most importantly, a can do attitude
- Basic knowledge of data centres (desirable)
- TAFE Cert in Telecommunications
- An A Grade Electrican's License is desriable but not essential
Apply now to find out more about this exciting opportunity.
- Great team environment
- Being you is powerful - It's the NEXTDC way!