People & Culture Advisor
- Macquarie Park NSW 2113, Australia
- Job Field: People & Culture Advisor
NEXTDC designs, builds and operates next generation data centres using cutting edge technology, providing local and international companies with premium data storage facilities that enable them to transition to a cloud computing environment. Going from strength to strength, NEXTDC is an ASX100 listed company with data centres in five capital cities.
At NEXTDC, we know that our success depends on the talents of our people and we foster a culture of continued learning and development. Our Culture is built on collaboration and innovation, we are passionate about what we do and we are committed to our mission to be the leading customer-centric data centre services company.
Our Values help to define our culture. They're not words on a page, they're the behaviours and skills that are valued in team mates. We live our values of Straight Talk, Customer First, Frugal not Cheap, The Pursuits of Excellence, Bright Ideas and One Team each and every day.
This is a true generalist HR role where you are responsible for providing advice and actioning tasks across the entire employee lifecycle, from recruitment to offboarding. This is a very diverse role allowing you the opportunity to develop your operational experience as well as get involved in some awesome strategic HR projects.
We're not your typical People & Culture department, we're very hands on and we partner with key stakeholders in the business to add value and drive HR and operational initiatives. By focusing on building relationships and adopting a collaborative and approach when advising, you will be able to influence and assist with retention strategies, employment issues and L&D initiatives across the entire business.
As a member of the P&C team, you play a key role within the Sydney office and the company. Championing the NEXTDC values, you will contribute to a positive work environment and strong employee engagement across the business.
- Drive the implementation of all strategic P&C initiatives in your stakeholder groups with a focus on: engagement and retention, learning and development, and reward and recognition
- Provide advice, coaching and support to people leaders in employment relations matters, including performance management, disciplinary issues and formal investigations in accordance with company policies and legislation
- Provide guidance and support to employees across a range of complex HR related issues and activities
You will have a strong background as a HR generalist working across both operations and projects. Ideally you will have experience working across the entire employee lifecycle including: recruitment, onboarding, learning and development, retention & reward and employment relations.
Key skills and behaviours
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write clear, well-structured documents e.g. policies and procedures
- Adaptable and cope effectively with complexity and change, adopting different styles to best partner with key stakeholders
- Ability to think on your feet when you're faced with a situation that you haven't experienced and identify a path forward
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels of the business
- Ability to quickly build credibility with senior leaders, and where possible, constructively influence to achieve desired outcomes
- A continuous improvement mindset, you do not accept the phrase "but that's how it's always been done," you look for opportunities and push through barriers to succeed