Network Engineer Intern
- Sydney NSW, Australia
- Job Field: Network Engineer Intern
NEXTDC designs, builds and operates next generation data centres using cutting edge technology, providing local and international companies with premium data storage facilities that enable them to transition to a cloud computing environment. Going from a start up to a scale up, NEXTDC is an ASX100 listed company with data centres in five capital cities.
At NEXTDC, we know that our success depends on the talents of our people and we foster a culture of continued learning and development. Our culture is built on collaboration and innovation, we are passionate about what we do and we are committed to our mission to be the leading customer-centric data centre services company.
At NEXTDC we are building the heart of Australia’s internet infrastructure. As a Network Engineer at NEXTDC, you will be at the forefront of building a modern network that underpins the connectivity that business and consumers rely on every day. You will also have the chance to learn from experienced network and software engineers while you take on technical challenges at the forefront of modern computer and communications technology.
• Design, build and maintenance of data centre networks.
• Developing software to enable provisioning, management and operation of network connectivity for our customers.
• Producing detailed documentation of existing and proposed network infrastructure.
• Provide day to day assistance to our customers with configuration and troubleshooting of network connectivity issues.
• Working with remote field technicians to administer fibre optic connections.
- Currently studying a Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, ICT, Telecommunications engineering or similar.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good understanding of networking, computer science and telecommunication principles
- Practical experience in building computer networks
- Good problem-solving skills