Data Centre Technician
- Macquarie Park NSW 2113, Australia
- Job Field: Data Centre Technician
NEXTDC designs, builds and operates next generation data centres using cutting edge technology, providing local and international companies with premium data storage facilities that enable them to transition to a cloud computing environment. Going from a start up to a scale up, NEXTDC is an ASX100 listed company with data centres in five capital cities.
At NEXTDC, we know that our success depends on the talents of our people and we foster a culture of continued learning and development. Our culture is built on collaboration and innovation, we are passionate about what we do and we are committed to our mission to be the leading customer-centric data centre services company.
We are currently looking for a passionate Data Centre Technician to join our highly skilled New South Wales facilities team.
Based in Macquarie Park, the purpose of this role is to support the Facility Manager with the day-to-day operations of the data centre by providing high quality & efficient technical maintenance and customer service.Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist with customer equipment and installations
- Delivery of cabling needs, electrical and data, to customer racks and areas
- Attend to Remote Hands Request
- Assist with the maintenance of all core electrical and mechanical systems
- Ensure that facility problems are identified and resolved in a timely manner
Hours: Mon - Fri 7am - 3.30pm - On call rotation one in six weeks
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Hands on experience with fibre optic cabling
- Excellent customer service, communication skills and most importantly, a can do attitude
- Basic knowledge of data centres
- An A Grade Electrican's License is desriable but not essential
- Cert III Telecommunications - desirable
Apply now to find out more about this exciting opportunity.
Being YOU is powerful, it’s the NEXTDC Way.
We create opportunities for everyone and encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
At NEXTDC, we believe that a commitment to diversity and inclusion creates a competitive advantage and is essential to our continued growth and success. We are proud of our inclusive culture which allows all of us to come to work and be our authentic selves.