Project Finance Manager
- Sydney NSW, Australia
- Job Field: Project Finance Manager
NEXTDC designs, builds and operates next generation data centres using cutting edge technology, providing local and international companies with premium data storage facilities that enable them to transition to a cloud computing environment. Going from a start up to a scale up, NEXTDC is an ASX100 listed company with data centres in five capital cities.
At NEXTDC, we know that our success depends on the talents of our people and we foster a culture of continued learning and development. Our Culture is built on collaboration and innovation, we are passionate about what we do and we are committed to our mission to be the leading customer-centric data centre services company.
Due to further expansion, we are looking for a Projects Finance Manager to be based in either Sydney or Melbourne. This position will oversee the project level financial controls, and provide transactional support to the project teams. The role will also act as the key subject matter expert from a project finance perspective and provide guidance, direction and input on capital expenditure, accounting, reporting and governance matters.
Key responsibilities are:
- Lead, develop and coach the Project Finance Team to drive best practice, value-adding project controls and financial management processes between Finance and project delivery teams
- Oversee a variety of project accounting tasks including, but not limited to, monthly project journals, accruals, adjustments, project expenditure reporting against budget, and capitalisation assessments
- Day-to-day supervision of the accounting and financial activities at a project level
- Assist and contribute to the corporate planning process with project level forecasting and budgeting on behalf of all projects
- Proactively partner with project teams to provide governance and oversight to ensure compliance to financial policies and procedures at a project level
- Influence the financial performance of key capital expenditure proposals by providing financial and relevant recommendations to key decision makers
- Act as the key subject matter expert pertaining to project accounting and transactional requirements for relevant finance system initiatives, such as ERP implementation or system integration initiatives
- Some travel may be required due to NEXTDC’s geographically dispersed organisation
This position can be based in Sydney or Melbourne.
- Extensive experience with transactional administration and project accounting on major infrastructure projects
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting, Finance or similar
- Strong team leadership and communication skills to manage and deliver key requirements in a geographically dispersed organisation
- Financial literacy and expertise of best practice improvements to processes, standards, and systems relevant to project lifecycle
- Ability and willingness to work to strict deadlines and manage various demands
- Preferably CPA or CA qualification
Our mission is to continue building a diverse and inclusive workforce which represents the communities in which we operate. Make NEXTDC your next move.
Our mission is to continue building a diverse and inclusive workforce which represents the communities in which we operate.
Make NEXTDC your next move.