Mid and Senior Android Developers *Multiple contract positions
- Miami, FL
We partner with startups and companies to validate, design, develop and launch innovative new web and mobile products. We design, build and validate MVPs, provide highly skilled product and software development teams on an ongoing basis, or augment and build internal teams around a core of highly skilled subject matter experts, all in exchange for fees and equity.
The Nomads are looking for both mid and senior level Android developers to join our tribe. Most projects are remote. Send us your resume!
Team environment: agile, very startup-like and casual. The products we are building are innovative and will push the boundaries of the platform.
Scope of work:
- You will contribute code to the core Android libraries and components which will be used to build several new apps.
- Since we believe that designing libraries in a vacuum is no fun, you will also work on the apps which use those libraries, and you will switch between the two closely related teams.
- You also get to work with and mentor really smart developers who are new to the Android platform, help the team make the correct technical architecture decisions, and shape the future of the Android team.
- Deep and broad Android platform experience
- 3-6+ years of software development experience
- Good handle on OOP, patterns and best practices
- Advanced Android UI skills (Fragments, custom view components)
Desired skills (each a big plus):
- Android UI automation (programmatic and/or non-programmatic)
- Collaborative approach to mentoring
- Custom view components
- Memory management
- Android security model
- Performance tuning
- RESTful web services integration
- Good handle on git
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with code review tools and processes
- Android internals
For idea-stage startups, we provide the most direct route from idea to product with traction. We help you de-risk, validate, design and develop your idea, we make sure the correct technical decisions are made from the start, and we help you collect and analyze key metrics which help you chart your path from unproven idea to product-market fit.
For later-stage startups, we provide a well-oiled, turnkey development team, and the peace of mind that comes with it. We take care of product and software development, so you can focus on your areas of core expertise, whether business development, fundraising, or marketing.
For companies, we build startup teams within large organizations. Our track record with early and later stage startups helps large companies create agile and lean processes which foster and enable innovation. We seed internal teams with highly skilled and innovative mobile and web resources, or we build-manage-transfer new teams around a core of highly experienced veteran mobile and web developers.