- 225 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
NOCD is an award-winning digital health company focused on identifying people with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and managing them using evidence-based treatment. Although OCD affects over 181 million people globally, is ranked by the W.H.O. as a top 10 most disabling condition, and costs 3X more to treat than depression, over 90% of the OCD population isn’t able to access effective care due to stigma and misdiagnosis. As a result, OCD patients often go untreated and suffer in silence, which is why it’s nicknamed "the secret illness.”
NOCD is solving this global problem by identifying OCD patients online and managing them using our evidence-based OCD treatment platform. Inside NOCD, members can access a licensed mental health professional with specialty training in OCD who can offer online diagnostic interviews, video-based tele-therapy sessions, and message-based support. In between each session, members can access moderated support communities and tech-enabled therapeutic tools to ensure they have constant support whenever their provider isn’t around. In an integrated model using our app, researchers at Columbia Medical Center found it to be effective in reducing symptoms of OCD.
Today, NOCD manages the largest community of OCD patients in the world. We’re financially supported by 7wire Ventures, Chicago Ventures, Meridian Street Capital, and Hyde Park Angels. We’re changing the world and need other like-minded individuals to accelerate and expand our efforts.
We're hiring a Product Designer to help design the future of NOCD. Designers here work across every stage of product development: create the experience of new features, prototype and find creative solutions, craft and finish every detail in the product. On our team, we appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, work collaboratively, and have a passion for mental health.
- Work with design, product management, and engineering to generate ideas and turn them into a seamless product experience.
- Collaborate closely with the design team to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, and operation teams to ensure consistent brand voice and experience.
- Partner with the engineering team to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Use design systems to design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for your features.
- Improve your team’s work by asking for and offering feedback from other product designers and cross-functional teammates.
- 3+ years of experience in an individual contributor role on a product design team for desktop or mobile
- 3+ years of experience with visual and interaction design
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction, and visual design.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid-growth environment.
- Experience partnering with stakeholders to execute on the strategy for product features.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Experience with illustration and motion design.
- Casual, challenging, and engaging startup environment with an outstanding mission driven team atmosphere
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and 401(k).
- Flexible PTO policy
- Awesome office on Michigan Avenue, ability to work remotely
- Onsite amenities including a fitness center
NOCD is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law