Senior Front End Web Developer
- Chicago, IL, United States
NOCD is an award-winning digital health company focused on identifying people with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and managing them using evidence-based treatment. Although OCD affects over 181 million people globally, is ranked by the W.H.O. as a top 10 most disabling condition, and costs 3X more to treat than depression, over 90% of the OCD population isn’t able to access effective care due to stigma and misdiagnosis. As a result, OCD patients often go untreated and suffer in silence, which is why it’s nicknamed "the secret illness.”
NOCD is solving this global problem by identifying OCD patients online and managing them using our evidence-based OCD treatment platform. Inside NOCD, members can access a licensed mental health professional with specialty training in OCD who can offer online diagnostic interviews, video-based tele-therapy sessions, and message-based support. In between each session, members can access moderated support communities and tech-enabled therapeutic tools to ensure they have constant support whenever their provider isn’t around. In an integrated model using our app, researchers at Columbia Medical Center found it to be effective in reducing symptoms of OCD.
Today, NOCD manages the largest community of OCD patients in the world. We’re financially supported by 7wire Ventures, Chicago Ventures, Meridian Street Capital, and Hyde Park Angels. We’re changing the world and need other like-minded individuals to accelerate and expand our efforts.
We are looking for an experienced frontend web engineer to join our product delivery team to help us create user-friendly web experiences. Our team currently has a technical lead, android and ios developers as well as several designers. As NOCD is an early stage company, you will have the opportunity to see the positive impact a small, dedicated team can have on so many people.
What you’ll do:
- Create robust user experiences from provided design that enable members to educate and perform tasks
- Develop tools that enable users to empower and interact with members
- Enhance website to showcase various programs
- Assist with visualizations for our Clinical and Data Science Team
- Minimum of 3 years development experience with both front-end and server-side web development.
- Experience working with design through Sketch / Figma / Wireframes
- Excellent communication skills
- Authorized to work in the U.S
- Willing to work full time out of our Chicago office
- Casual, challenging, and engaging startup environment with an outstanding mission driven team atmosphere
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and 401(k).
- Flexible PTO policy
- Awesome office on Michigan Avenue, ability to work remotely
- Onsite amenities including a fitness center
NOCD is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law