Therapy Intake Specialist
- 225 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
NOCD is an award-winning digital health company focused on identifying people with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and managing them using evidence-based treatment. Although OCD affects over 181 million people globally, is ranked by the W.H.O. as a top 10 most disabling condition, and costs 3X more to treat than depression, over 90% of the OCD population isn’t able to access effective care due to stigma and misdiagnosis. As a result, OCD patients often go untreated and suffer in silence, which is why it’s nicknamed "the secret illness.”
NOCD is solving this global problem by identifying OCD patients online and managing them using our evidence-based OCD treatment platform. Inside NOCD, members can access a licensed mental health professional with specialty training in OCD who can offer online diagnostic interviews, video-based tele-therapy sessions, and message-based support. In between each session, members can access moderated support communities and tech-enabled therapeutic tools to ensure they have constant support whenever their provider isn’t around. In an integrated model using our app, researchers at Columbia Medical Center found it to be effective in reducing symptoms of OCD.
Today, NOCD manages the largest community of OCD patients in the world. We’re financially supported by 7wire Ventures, Chicago Ventures, Meridian Street Capital, and Hyde Park Angels.We’re changing the world and need other like-minded individuals to accelerate and expand our efforts.
The role of the Intake Specialist is to provide support to the clinical team and extraordinary care to the patients of NOCD through friendly, courteous, and professional service in a fast paced, start-up environment. Intake Specialists are responsible for inside sales as well as being a patient advocate. The Intake Specialist is responsible for selling tele-therapy services to consumers who contact us via phone, text, and email.
Job duties include inside sales of tele-therapy services, appointment coordination, registering and scheduling of therapy appointments and post-sales support as well. No cold calling. This is a team environment at a fast-growing company where we are all united in providing a top-notch patient experience.
- Understand, and articulate the value of NOCD to the OCD community
- Must be perceived by the patient to be caring, courteous, professional, competent, and able to communicate effectively and with empathy.
- Enhance the reputation of NOCD, by creating a positive customer experience.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service with both internal and external customers
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal relation skills
- High School Diploma or GED required; bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Previous inside sales experience strongly preferred. Leadership experience desired. Microsoft Office skills are desirable.
- Counseling, psychology, social work and retail sales backgrounds are helpful.
- Able to deal with moderate pressure
- Full time and part time roles are available, including a rotating weekend schedule.
- Casual, challenging, and engaging startup environment with an outstanding mission driven team atmosphere
- Competitive Compensation
- Awesome office on Michigan Avenue
Shifts available 7 days per week.
If you're interested, we'd love to hear from you. Tell us why you'd be a good fit. A well written cover letter helps us understand who you are and what you want to be, and a resume tells the story of where you've been.
NOCD is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law