Head of People Operations
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Despite being ranked by the World Health Organization as a top 10 most disabling condition, having a lifetime prevalence of over 2%, and causing people to be 10 times more likely to die by suicide, OCD is commonly misrepresented as a personality quirk. Moreover, the "gold-standard" treatment for OCD called Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) has never been widely-accessible. The mission of NOCD is to ensure everyone with OCD knows they are not alone and has access to evidenced based care. Our company started after our founders' own experience with OCD - trying to understand what was happening, going through various misdiagnoses, and finally working with an ERP specialist to get better. We recently raised a series A round and need the help of those who are passionate about our mission to serve those with OCD.
NOCD is seeking an experienced, motivated and energized leader to pilot the newly created People Operations team. NOCD has experienced hyper-growth during the last year, and we are looking for an executive that combines the analytic rigor the role requires with the empathic nature needed to bring the best out of all employees and teams. You will be responsible for helping to shape and refine the culture at NOCD as we continue to grow, as well as set up and monitor the systems and processes that fall under the People Operations umbrella - Recruiting, Onboarding, Talent Management, Employee Experience, Culture and Best Practices
You will have the unique opportunity to build our people infrastructure for growth, create the reporting and analytics needed to make better data-based decisions, and ensure the execution of progressive people programs that will support our team members and make this an award-winning workplace. You will work closely with our VP of People Operations to help collaborate and execute on your vision for this integral department. You will be a member of the NOCD Senior Leadership Team and will help and design an organization that will scale and flourish.
What you’ll do:
- Employee Experience: Drive employee engagement, retention, and fulfillment by continuously seeking feedback and developing strategies to address areas of concern. Be proactive in finding areas for improvement and create solutions that will lead to more collaboration, productivity, and overall satisfaction. Create an employee experience where all staff feel confident they can bring their whole self and best self to the job each and every day.
- Work Cross-Functionality: The Head of People Operations will collaborate closely with the Senior Leadership Team in order to ensure the team will hit department and company goals. The position will also work closely with the Finance/Ops team to drive effective management of human capital costs resulting in a positive ROI.
- Internal Growth: Integrate career development into the broader talent management framework. Manage the goal setting, performance management, and promotion review process. Coach managers and individual contributors to encourage higher performance and people development across the team. Discover, create and deliver learning tools and resources as development opportunities for our staff
- External Growth: Work closely with NOCD’s Corporate Recruiter to attract a diverse pipeline of excellent candidates as well as run and refine our onboarding process.
- Culture: Work alongside our Senior Leadership Team to drive cultural initiatives and infuse our values throughout the organization and all outward-facing initiatives. Continually monitor our team’s morale and engagement to ensure happiness and retention.
- Best Practices: Assist with general questions around policy and procedures. Educate managers and employees on workplace issues in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local employment-related regulations. Support the design and implementation of new programs and initiatives.
Minimum of 15 years leading and executing progressive business, workforce and operational strategies; 10 years experience in all aspects of the planning, design, management and administration of People Operations policies, programs and practices within a complex, on-site and remote organization.
You’re not seeking a job, but a mission you can believe in and fight for.
You thrive in an environment of autonomy, orient yourself quickly, and begin executing in earnest.
You’re not constrained by job descriptions and roles. You roll up your sleeves and get it done - no matter what it is.
You’re comfortable switching between day-to-day tasks and long-term planning.
You’ve implemented and managed a diverse range of People Operations processes: recruiting, performance management, compensation, and more.
You are a well-developed leader, communicator, and a strong teammate.
You have deep experience with employee relations, are no stranger to tough conversations that arise, and are able to put people at ease and give constructive feedback.
You have an expert knowledge base in HR-related functions such as regulations, wages, including labor laws, visas, compliance, etc.
Established systems to support hourly and salaried employees in a fast-paced start-up environment.
Scaled an organization effectively through hockey stick growth phases
Clear history showing project management skills and accountability to meet established goals.
Demonstrated experience scaling an organization internationally integrating diverse cultures.
Bachelor's degree required. Master’s Degree preferred
Casual, challenging, and engaging startup environment with an outstanding mission-driven team atmosphere
Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and 401(k).
Flexible PTO policy
Awesome office on Michigan Avenue, ability to work remotely
Onsite amenities including a fitness center
NOCD is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.