Director of Billing
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Who we are:
NOCD is an award-winning digital health company focused on identifying people with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and managing them using evidence-based treatment. Although OCD affects over 181 million people globally, is ranked by the W.H.O. as a top 10 most disabling condition, and costs 3X more to treat than depression, over 90% of the OCD population isn’t able to access effective care due to stigma and misdiagnosis. As a result, OCD patients often go untreated and suffer in silence, which is why it’s nicknamed "the secret illness.”
NOCD is solving this global problem by identifying OCD patients online and managing them using our evidence-based OCD treatment platform. Inside NOCD, members can access a licensed mental health professional with specialty training in OCD who can offer online diagnostic interviews, video-based tele-therapy sessions, and message-based support. In between each session, members can access moderated support communities and tech-enabled therapeutic tools to ensure they have constant support whenever their provider isn’t around. In an integrated model using our app, researchers at Columbia Medical Center found it to be effective in reducing symptoms of OCD.
Today, NOCD manages the largest community of OCD patients in the world. We’re financially supported by 7wire Ventures, Chicago Ventures, Meridian Street Capital, and Hyde Park Angels. We’re changing the world and need other like-minded individuals to accelerate and expand our efforts.
About the role:
The Revenue Cycle Manager is the leader for all revenue cycle functions and activities with the goal of optimizing revenue. They are accountable for ensuring the coordination of operations, procedures, and best practices for billing, collections and follow up, and denials management. Specific functional areas of oversight include payment posting; EDI claims and statement submission; AR follow up for insurance and self-pay; and collections workflows. The manager works closely with our intake and clinical teams to optimize revenue collection while ensuring a seamless billing experience for patients.
What you’ll do:
· Directs all activities for revenue cycle operations, ensuring optimal revenue collection and patient satisfaction with the billing experience
· Works closely with information technology team to optimize the use of technology to automate revenue cycle functions
· Analyzes and resolves problems that affect revenue cycle operations
· Manages and develops a high functioning revenue cycle team
· Monitors key performance indicators and escalates issues to senior management as appropriate
· Ensures compliance with policies and procedures, health plan requirements, and federal and state laws and regulations
Who you are:
- Minimum 5 years prior revenue cycle experience
- Experience working with medical payers such as Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial insurance
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology and the insurance industry
- Works well in an environment with firm deadlines
- Performs multiple tasks effectively
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skill
Casual, challenging, and engaging startup environment with an outstanding mission-driven team atmosphere
Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and 401(k).
Flexible PTO policy
Awesome office on Michigan Avenue, ability to work remotely
Onsite amenities including a fitness center
NOCD is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.