Medical Record Release Specialist
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Employees can work remotely
NOCD is an award-winning digital health company focused on identifying people with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and managing them using evidence-based treatment. Although OCD affects over 181 million people globally, is ranked by the W.H.O. as a top 10 most disabling condition, and costs 3X more to treat than depression, over 90% of the OCD population isn’t able to access effective care due to stigma and misdiagnosis. As a result, OCD patients often go untreated and suffer in silence, which is why it’s nicknamed "the secret illness.”
NOCD is solving this global problem by identifying OCD patients online and managing them using our evidence-based OCD treatment platform. Inside NOCD, members can access a licensed mental health professional with specialty training in OCD who can offer online diagnostic interviews, video-based tele-therapy sessions, and message-based support. In between each session, members can access moderated support communities and tech-enabled therapeutic tools to ensure they have constant support whenever their provider isn’t around. In an integrated model using our app, researchers at Columbia Medical Center found it to be effective in reducing symptoms of OCD.
Today, NOCD manages the largest community of OCD patients in the world. We’re financially supported by 7wire Ventures, Chicago Ventures, Meridian Street Capital, and Hyde Park Angels. We’re changing the world and need other like-minded individuals to accelerate and expand our efforts.
This is a position functioning as a Medical Records Support Specialist, performing the ROI functions in response to requests for patient health information. Requests for information will be initially reviewed for validity by the Medical Records Support Specialist, who will then respond to each by providing the requested patient information.
Position is remote and is scheduled for Monday - Friday, between the hours of 9am - 5:30pm CST.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Verify the validity of medical record requests and accompanying paperwork
● Use the EHR system to locate appropriate patient details.
● Respond to requests with the corresponding health information.
● Quality check information prior to release.
● Works within scope of position and direction; willingly accepts all assignments.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the position:
● Display a courteous and professional manner through interaction, appearance, attitude, and written and oral communication among co-workers and the public.
● Ability to quickly adapt to the demands of a fast-paced and rapidly growing organization.
● Ability to function and execute tasks with limited oversight
● Demonstrated ability to function efficiently, with high levels of productivity in a mission-driven, consumer-focused environment.
● Strong organizational skills.
● Effective time management skills with multi-tasking abilities.
● Meticulous attention to detail.
● Proficient data entry skills.
● Provide excellent customer service with demonstrated compassion, ability to assess situations & identify concerns and give timely follow-up.
● Ability to protect & maintain the confidentiality of patient’s medical records and patient information.
● Handle patient information with discretion and integrity in accordance with requirements outlined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
● Ability to use all components of a computer extensively, with the ability to toggle between systems efficiently.
● Skilled with both internal discussions of Medical Record information with Providers as well as external discussions of Medical Records with payors.
● Ability to collaborate with the Care Team and Clinical Team for feedback on what is found in medical records that may initiate the need for an audit.
● Prior. Release of Information (ROI) or medical office experience
● Willingness to complete required HIPAA training and all relevant Health Information Management courses as recommended or required by NOCD.
● Proficiency in using, documented, and recording medical terminology
● Proficiency in understanding and applying aspects of the HIPAA Privacy Rule in the fulfillment of duties
● High school graduate
Casual, challenging, and engaging startup environment with an outstanding mission-driven team atmosphere
Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and 401(k).
Flexible PTO policy
Awesome office on Michigan Avenue, ability to work remotely
Onsite amenities including a fitness center
NOCD is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.