Full Time (Remote) Licensed Therapist - Minnesota
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Employees can work remotely
NOCD is an award-winning digital health company focused on identifying people with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and managing them using evidence-based treatment. Although OCD affects over 181 million people globally, is ranked by the W.H.O. as a top 10 most disabling condition, and costs 3X more to treat than depression, over 90% of the OCD population isn’t able to access effective care due to stigma and misdiagnosis. As a result, OCD patients often go untreated and suffer in silence, which is why it’s nicknamed "the secret illness.”
NOCD is solving this global problem by identifying OCD patients online and managing them using our evidence-based OCD treatment platform. Inside NOCD, members can access a licensed mental health professional with specialty training in OCD who can offer online diagnostic interviews, video-based teletherapy sessions, and message-based support. In between each session, members can access moderated support communities and tech-enabled therapeutic tools to ensure they have constant support whenever their provider isn’t around. In an integrated model using our app, researchers at Columbia Medical Center found it to be effective in reducing symptoms of OCD.
Today, NOCD manages the largest community of OCD patients in the world. We’re financially supported by 7wire Ventures, a leading healthcare-focused venture capital firm in the United States. We’re changing the world and need other like-minded individuals to accelerate and expand our efforts.
As a NOCD Professional, you will help people with OCD learn how to feel better. Members will enroll with our therapy service via our intake team where they’ll be assigned a practitioner.
Practitioners will assist members through the process of:
- Diagnosis: clinical interview via video session to determine diagnostic impressions and treatment recommendations
- Therapy: research-backed program that includes live video sessions and app messaging followed by as needed check-ins.
Practitioners will use valuable previous clinical experience, good judgment, and our clinical guidelines to discern when to refer members to external resources. Practitioners will collaborate with our network of psychiatrists and therapists to help develop and reinforce treatment decisions as appropriate.
Our practitioners are supported through: ongoing consultation with other team members; specialized clinical training with experienced OCD providers; information on the latest research advancements in the field; technical support and clinical protocols; process groups to support practitioner resilience; 1:1 mentorship to discuss complex cases; and an open, receptive environment to provide feedback.
Apply directly on our website HERE
- A Independently Licensed Mental Health Professional
- MA degree or higher from an accredited university in the behavioral and mental health field (e.g., social work, counseling, psychology)
- Full and unrestricted license in good standing to practice in your state
- At least 6 months of relevant experience with evidence-based therapies (e.g., ERP, CBT, ACT)
- Knowledge and experience with treating OCD with ERP and/or ACT is preferable but not required
- Organized, quick and enthusiastic learner, excellent communicator, receptive to feedback, good with time management
- Comfortable and efficient with using technology to communicate
- Have a confidential, private location to work remotely from with reliable internet access
- Ambitious and ready to keep up with a competitive, goal-driven, start-up environment
- Ability to work remotely
- Competitive Compensation
- Administrative and technical support - you focus on the members, NOCD’s team will focus on the rest
- Access to NOCD Professional Development Trainings
- A fun, supportive, encouraging environment where each other’s successes are celebrated
NOCD is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law