Healthcare Billing Specialist
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Employees can work remotely
NOCD is an award-winning digital health company focused on identifying people with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and managing them using evidence-based treatment. Although OCD affects over 181 million people globally, is ranked by the W.H.O as a top 10 most disabling condition, and costs 3X more to treat than depression, over 90% of the OCD population isn’t able to access effective care due to stigma and misdiagnosis. As a result, OCD patients often go untreated and suffer in silence, which is why it’s nicknamed "the secret illness.”
NOCD’s solving this global problem by identifying OCD patients online and managing them using our network of OCD-trained licensed mental health providers. Inside NOCD, members can access a licensed mental health professional with specialty training in OCD, available to offer online diagnostic interviews, video-based teletherapy sessions, and message-based support. In between each session, members can access data-science moderated support communities and tech-enabled therapeutic tools, to ensure they have constant support whenever their provider isn’t around. In an integrated model using our app, researchers at Columbia Medical Center found it to be effective in reducing symptoms of OCD.
Today, NOCD manages the largest community of OCD patients in the world, and we have been financially supported by 7wire Ventures, Health Enterprise Partners, Chicago Ventures Meridian Street Capital, and Hyde Park Angels. We’re changing the world, and we need other like-minded individuals to make it happen.
- Responsible for verifying insurance benefits and eligibility; entering member information into the electronic health record system.
- Assist in communicating with members with benefit questions and outstanding balances.
- Ensure that claims are being entered in a timely fashion and that accounts receivable is being worked; facilitate correction and rebilling of denied claims.
- Obtain authorizations when needed.
- Maintain member confidentiality and function within the guidelines of HIPAA and the company.
- Work collaboratively with other departments as needed for feedback and resolution.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 1-2 years work-related billing/collecting experience in healthcare setting.
- Strong customer service skills and comfortable answering both member and insurance company questions
- Desire to help others.
- Work well independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a rapidly growing and changing environment.
- Casual, challenging, and engaging startup environment with an outstanding mission driven team atmosphere
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and 401(k).
- Flexible PTO policy
NOCD is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law