Inorganic/Polymeric Nanoparticle Synthesis: Research Associate
- 4878 Ronson Ct, San Diego, CA 92111, USA
NanoComposix is a privately-held R&D and manufacturing company that develops innovative nanomaterials for research and commercial markets. We manufacture hundreds of different variants of metal and metal-oxide core/shell nanocomposites for a wide range of applications including biosensors, medical devices, clinical diagnostics, and optical effects. Our mission is to help our clients bring nano-enabled products to market. We’re passionate about what we do and are looking for smart, energetic, and self-motivated individuals who take pride in their work to join our fun and innovative team in this exciting industry.
We are an established high technology company with a track record of steady and substantial growth. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, dynamic, and mission-driven environment, join us!
Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid vacation and personal days, retirement plan with company-match, and an annual bonus program with opportunity for stock ownership in this employee-owned business. Salary is commensurate with experience.
A nanoparticle synthesis Research Associate position is available at nanoComposix. Responsibilities include working with a team of Senior Scientists and Research Associates on various projects involving the synthesis and extended characterization of organic (PLGA) or inorganic (Gold, Silica) nanoparticles with a focus on biomedical applications.
- Masters degree in chemistry, biochemistry or nanoengineering with a strong chemistry background or minor in chemistry. Bachelors with at least 1 year experience in the field of nanoparticles synthesis and/or functionalization will be considered.
- Experience with analytical, physical, inorganic, or organic chemistry laboratory procedures, techniques, and equipment.
- Research experience in a relevant field of study.
- Ability to multi-task, handle frequently changing job functions, and rapidly learn new techniques and approaches.
- Pays significant attention to detail and carefully documents all experimental procedures, observations, and methodology.
- Ability to keep organized data and records.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including MS word, excel, and powerpoint.
- US citizenship or green card
- Experience fabricating, functionalizing, and processing nanomaterials, preferably polymeric particles (PLGA would be a plus) or inorganic nanoparticles obtain using sol-gel chemistry (silica, mesoporous silica would be a plus)
- Experience with the bioconjugation of targeting molecules to surfaces or particles
- Experience with optical microscopes, UV-Vis, DLS, Zeta-Potential, TEM, or SEM.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should include information on how your previous experience relates to the job requirements and your availability. Specific examples are of interest. You will not be considered without a cover letter. Candidate should be prepared to discuss and explain the technical details of their past experiences during the interview process.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.