- 200 S Church St, Addison, IL 60101, USA
Cassidy Tire and Service is part of the fabric of 14 Chicagoland neighborhoods because we know that staying in business takes more than providing a service or product in exchange for our customer’s hard-earned money. It’s about doing your best for each customer—whether it’s a Fortune 500 commercial account, or a young father who has to squeeze a tight budget to get his car back on the road.
As a family, and as a family business, we’ve been blessed to be able to do what we love in a city and surrounding area that we’ve called home for generations.
We’re Chicagoland’s largest independent tire dealer. We’ve remained independent from national chains. Consumers need choice.
When you walk into any Cassidy location, you can count on 100+ years of valuable experience. National chains come and go, but Cassidy has been rooted firmly in the area.
We leave the high-pressure sales to the other guys. You can trust us to give you the best information about your car, leaving you in a solid position to make the right choices. You will never feel intimidated and uneasy at Cassidy.
Compile data, compute fees and charges, and prepare invoices for billing purposes.
Billing Clerk Responsibilities Include:
- Computing costs and calculating rates for goods, services, and shipment of goods.
- Posting data.
- Keeping other relevant records.
The position involves the use of computer, calculator, and adding and bookkeeping machines.
All interested candidates should email a resume. No phone calls, please.
- Excellent compensation
- Health/medical insurance
- Holiday pay
- Advancement potential
- Profit sharing,401K savings and retirement
- Employee discounts
Responsibilities and Duties
Clerical - knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures systems such as word processing, managing flies and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
English Language - knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Mathematics - knowledge of arithmetic.
Customer & Personal Service - knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer need assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Active Learning
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
- Service Orientation
- Social Perceptiveness
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors.
- Operate typing, adding, calculating, or billing machines.
- Prepare itemized statements, bills, or invoices and record amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Review documents such as purchase orders, sales, tickets, charge slips, compute fees or charges due.
- Perform bookkeeping work, including posting data or keeping records concerning costs of goods or services or shipment of goods.
- Keep records of invoices and support documents.
- Type billing documents, shipping labels, credit memorandums, or credit forms, using computers.
- Contact customers to obtain or relay account information.
- Compute credit terms, discounts, shipment charges, or rates for goods or services to complete the billing documents.
- Answer email or telephone inquires regarding rates, routing, or procedures.
Interacting with Computers
1. Use Point of Sale and Accounting Software
2. Use computers to enter access, or retrieve data.
3. Use spreadsheet software.
4. Use word processing or desktop publishing software.
Communicate with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
Establish and Maintain Interpersonal Relationships
Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge
1. Use accounting terminology.
2. Use telephone communication techniques.
1. Detect discrepancies on record and reports.
2. Process account invoices.
3. Verify data from invoices to ensure accuracy.
Analyze Data or Information
Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
Performing Administrative Activities
1. Complete customer invoices.
2. Fill out business or government forms.
3. Maintain records, reports, or files.
4. Prepare billing statements.
5. Prepare reports.
Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards
1. Ensure correct grammar.
2. Examine documents and completeness, accuracy, or conformance to standards.
Making Decisions and Solving Problems
Communicating with Persons Outside the Organization
Ability to Use Technology
1. Accounting Software - Great Plains Accounting Software.
2. MAM/VAST Point of Sale.
3. Microsoft Excel/Google Docs
4. Microsoft Word/Google Docs
Qualifications and Skills
RequirementsHigh School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
Associates Degree (or other 2-year degree)
- Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
- Must be able to pass a background check including employment history, SSN verification, criminal history, etc.
- Must have a clean drivers license (no DUI, suspensions or tickets)
- Must be able to pass a drug test (hair-based) and a physical