French Translator (maternity leave replacement)
- Montreal, Canada
DFC Global Corp is a leading international non-bank financial services company serving under-banked consumers for over 30 years. We serve our customers from over 1,000 retail storefront locations, and digitally through our websites and mobile phone and other remote platforms. DFC Global Corp. provides consumer financial products and services across 3 divisions; North America, UK and Rest of World.
DFC Global Corp's global retail operations include the brands Money Mart®, The Money Shop®, Insta-Cheques®, Suttons and Robertsons®, The Check Cashing Store®, Sefina®, Helsingin PanttiSM, Optima®, Super Efectivo® and Express Credit®. We also offer Internet-based unsecured short-term consumer loans in the United Kingdom primarily under the brand names PaydayUK® and Payday Express®, in Canada under the Money Mart name, in Finland, Sweden, Poland and Spain primarily under the Risicum® and OK Money® brand names.
The French Translator is responsible for translating English based internal company materials into Quebec French. This role is responsible to ensure that all French copywriting is in accordance with the language and laws of the province of Quebec.
- Translate English to French material directed towards the Quebec marketplace.
- Proof read existing documents for staff in the province of Quebec.
- Consult with message authors to ensure that translations retain the content, meaning and tone of the original material.
- Check translations of technical terms and terminology to ensure that they are accurate and remain consistent throughout translation revisions.
- Create a dictionary/glossary of common industry jargon for ease of use and consistency.
- Proofread, edit and revise translated materials from external sources.
Typical content for translation includes, but is not limited to:
- Weekly internal communications
- Support department emails
- Corporate newsletter articles
- Employee intranet content
- Internal training materials, policy documents, forms and letters
- System interfaces, system generated reports and technical reference guides
- Internal Marketing materials and messages
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in translation
- Fluent in Quebec French
- Bilingual in French and English
- 2-4 years of working translation experience
- Experience with the Quebec workplace and the communication requirements