Intermediate Staff Accountant - Victoria
- Victoria, Canada
About National Money Mart
Money Mart has been helping Canadians with their financial needs for over 25 years. Whether you need a payday loan, your cheque cashed, or simply need to exchange some foreign currency, Money Mart is here to serve you. With branches open late across Canada, it’s easy to see why more and more people choose us for fast, friendly, hassle-free solutions.
At Money Mart, we know that our employees are the key to our success. With over 460 stores in Canada, and locations internationally in the UK, the US, and expanding throughout Europe, opportunities for career growth and development with us are endless. As part of Dollar Financial Group, Inc., Money Mart’s reach is international, but our focus, is local; at every counter, and with every customer that we serve.
We hire smart, business savvy, people who get a thrill from helping our customers meet their personal and financial goals. We offer amazing training programs, world class benefits, great personal incentives and lots of other cool perks. If you are looking to flex your sales skills, and want to join a diverse, fun and dynamic team we have the job that you have been looking for.
At Money Mart, you can learn, grow and thrive…. So what are you waiting for????
Payday Loans, Cheque cashing, Foreign Currency, Western Union, We buy Gold, Taxes
- Industry (Retail, Sales, Financial Services)
- Company Size
We are seeking an Intermediate Staff Accountant to join our team in Victoria, BC. This position is responsible for preparation and review of balance sheet account reconciliations, month-end accounting, providing monthly reporting and analysis, special accounting projects and general accounting duties for both US and Canadian operations. The Intermediate Accountant also supports Staff Accountants in the month-end accounting process, and Accounts Payable and Treasury with accounting direction and guidance.
- Identify and resolve system and operational issues as they arise
- Recommend changes to systems and procedures to facilitate efficiency and effectiveness of reporting and enhance internal controls
- Train and review staff accountants’ work
- Ensure that financial reporting timelines are met
- Monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and preparation of supporting documentation
- Preparation of daily and monthly journal entries including complex reallocation entries
- Maintenance of assigned sub-ledgers and monthly reconciliation (e.g. Bank, A/R, Inventories, Fixed Assets)
- Respond to queries from other internal departments as well as liaising with external third parties
- Provide information to Operations and Financial Reporting
- Accounting diploma or degree
- Enrolled in CGA/CMA accreditation program
- Minimum 3 years in accounting
- Strong Microsoft Office suite knowledge
- Excellent problem identification and solving abilities
- Strong leadership skills
- Flexible and adaptable in a challenging environment
- Familiarity with Great Plains accounting software and a web based reconciliation tool (Assurenet) an asset
We look for bright, energetic, motivated individuals who are interested in learning and developing their career. We invest in our employees and offer extensive training and development programs to set you up for future success.