Marketing Manager, Customer Engagement / Earned (Social) Media - Victoria
- Victoria, Canada
About National Money Mart
Money Mart has been helping Canadians with their financial needs for over 25 years. Whether you need a payday loan, your cheque cashed, or simply need to exchange some foreign currency, Money Mart is here to serve you. With branches open late across Canada, it’s easy to see why more and more people choose us for fast, friendly, hassle-free solutions.
At Money Mart, we know that our employees are the key to our success. With over 460 stores in Canada, and locations internationally in the UK, the US, and expanding throughout Europe, opportunities for career growth and development with us are endless. As part of Dollar Financial Group, Inc., Money Mart’s reach is international, but our focus, is local; at every counter, and with every customer that we serve.
We hire smart, business savvy, people who get a thrill from helping our customers meet their personal and financial goals. We offer amazing training programs, world class benefits, great personal incentives and lots of other cool perks. If you are looking to flex your sales skills, and want to join a diverse, fun and dynamic team we have the job that you have been looking for.
At Money Mart, you can learn, grow and thrive…. So what are you waiting for????
Payday Loans, Cheque cashing, Foreign Currency, Western Union, We buy Gold, Taxes
- Industry (Retail, Sales, Financial Services)
- Company Size
DFC North America is looking for a Customer Engagement/Earned Social Media Marketing Manager to join our marketing team in Victoria, BC. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your skills and marketing savvy to a unique sector across DFC’s four North American brands: Money Mart Canada, Money Mart US, The Check Cashing Store and Insta-Cheques. The Earned Media Marketing Manager is expected to be proficient across all common social media channels, email, loyalty & referral programs, charity support, and corporate sponsorship management. They will develop and execute content campaigns, social media strategies, and loyalty programs for DFC’s various North American brands. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of digital marketing, be interested in developing campaigns for various corporate objectives, and possess excellent written English skills. This person will be able to adapt to the demands of a fast paced work environment and the various stakeholder groups that they will work with.
The Customer Engagement/Earned Social Media Marketing Manager is accountable for planning, developing, executing and evaluating social media, email, loyalty & referral programs, charity involvement, and corporate sponsorship in support of achieving Money Mart’s financial targets across all products.
- Managing and creating content in-line with company objectives.
- Ensure overall database / list hygiene; recommend list growth strategies.
- Developing a segmentation approach and analyzing communication opportunities.
- Generating analytics and reporting as needed to build out custom reports for internal stakeholders that highlight email campaign performance, deliverability, etc.
- Championing continuous improvement of email development and deployment process including maximizing dynamic content, targeting, personalization, and template design.
- Utilizing A/B and multivariate testing to continuously optimize content and segmentation based on drive metrics such as deliverability, open rate, CTR, conversion, and list growth.
- Developing and analyzing KPIs to ensure campaigns are meeting revenue and CPA goals.
- Continually monitoring industry best practices and compliance around permission-based marketing, privacy, and spam regulation.
- Overseeing all aspects of direct mail support to recover and engage customers via mail. Includes testing offers, creative formats, and delivery channels
- Developing and analyzing metrics to ensure campaigns are meeting impact goals
- Works closely with Retail/Paid Media Manager to ensure alignment. Shares best practices and collaborates on campaigns to ensure continuity
- Segments customers and analyzes opportunities for customer contact
- Provides strategic and creative support to the Collections team
- Actively building and engaging with DFC’s online social communities. (Community Management)
- Creating impactful social campaigns through collaboration with the team.
- Managing the social community across all platforms for all North American brands.
- Using monitoring platforms, social and web analytics, research and other online communication tools to measure and report on the impact of social media and email activity.
- Developing and reviewing social media posts and content/assets, including creative conceptualization and copywriting.
- Leading and facilitating the development of social media policy and procedure checklists – ensuring checklists and polices are kept current and up to date as necessary.
- Identifying points of integration for social media and consumer generated content across channels.
- Monitoring competitive social landscape and incorporating insights into overall plans.
- Collaborating with Marketing Team to help facilitate paid digital media buys
- Ensuing content strategy is consistently executed across all of DFC’s digital channels.
Loyalty and Referral Programs
- Leading the development of customer loyalty program, including customer life cycle and relationship management system
- Interfacing with other marketing, retail, and online functions to ensure strategic alignment and active use of loyalty and referral programs as a key strategic lever.
- Support the leadership development of new loyalty and referral applications including partner alliances and mobile apps.
- Develop and implement strategic ways to monetize, improve and leverage DFC’s retail consumer information and segmentation properties.
- Primary marketing point person for support relating to online customer survey program
- Preferred degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Management, PR, Communications, English, or Arts.
- 5+ years marketing experience in marketing support in retail, alternative financial services, consumer goods or ad agency. Must have specific experience in managing social Media, digital Media, loyalty program, E-mail marketing, or referral marketing. Must have experience developing social media, email, loyalty strategies and content including blogging, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine and other social media platforms. Experience with online listening and monitoring software programs and tools an asset. Demonstrated experience building and sustaining engaged online communities.
- Passion for Marketing. You live and breathe marketing. You can’t see yourself in any other field because you love what you do.
- Team Player. You love a healthy debate. Whether it’s about communication strategy or the name of a hashtag, you openly share your ideas and opinions and intake those of your colleagues. You leave your ego at home and embrace being part of a small, high performing team. When necessary, you step in to help your teammates when duty calls.
- Resourceful Self-Starter. Although you’ll be working as part of a team, the ability to independently run with projects is imperative. What you do every day won’t be written on a process sheet. You’ll need to build your own road map to arrive at your destination.
- Customer-Centric. As a chief steward of the customer relationship and representing Money Mart’s voice across numerous social media platforms, you understand the importance of considering the customer in all decisions. You never lose sight of injecting humanity and heart in what you do.
- Highly Organized. From planning to analyzing, you manage numerous projects with overlapping timelines and continuously pay attention to the details. You are especially vigilant to ensure that all communications comply with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Exceptional Multi-Tasker. Managing projects tailored to different products, brands and geographies often requires you to “switch gears” on a moment’s notice. The ability toggle from project to project without losing your cool is a must.
- Strong Analytical Skills. You get excited about analyzing sales, customer and market data because these insights help you bring high impact programs to life. You constantly ask questions to uncover hidden insights and seek the truth in everything. Excel skills a must.
- Excellent Communicator. From preparing briefs to Tweeting, you communicate with tact and creativity. Being able to convey ideas and effectively persuade others is a must. Being able to use Photoshop or Illustrator to help convey ideas, mock up layouts, develop presentations or create info-graphics is an asset but not a must.
- Creative Thinker. You enjoy creative conceptualization and understand the fundamentals of great design and you have experience copywriting for social media.
- High Standards. You don’t cut corners. You challenge yourself and your teammates to reach higher, be best in class, and deliver thoughtful, high quality marketing support befitting of a leading financial services company.
We look for bright, energetic, motivated individuals who are interested in learning and developing their career. We invest in our employees and offer extensive training and development programs to set you up for future success.