Marketing Manager, Retail Merchandising & Paid Media - Victoria
- Victoria, Canada
About National Money Mart
Money Mart has been helping Canadians with their financial needs for over 25 years. Whether you need a payday loan, your cheque cashed, or simply need to exchange some foreign currency, Money Mart is here to serve you. With branches open late across Canada, it’s easy to see why more and more people choose us for fast, friendly, hassle-free solutions.
At Money Mart, we know that our employees are the key to our success. With over 460 stores in Canada, and locations internationally in the UK, the US, and expanding throughout Europe, opportunities for career growth and development with us are endless. As part of Dollar Financial Group, Inc., Money Mart’s reach is international, but our focus, is local; at every counter, and with every customer that we serve.
We hire smart, business savvy, people who get a thrill from helping our customers meet their personal and financial goals. We offer amazing training programs, world class benefits, great personal incentives and lots of other cool perks. If you are looking to flex your sales skills, and want to join a diverse, fun and dynamic team we have the job that you have been looking for.
At Money Mart, you can learn, grow and thrive…. So what are you waiting for????
Payday Loans, Cheque cashing, Foreign Currency, Western Union, We buy Gold, Taxes
- Industry (Retail, Sales, Financial Services)
- Company Size
DFC North America is looking for a Retail Merchandising & Paid Media Marketing Manager to join our energetic marketing team in Victoria, BC. Working on a dynamic team, this is an exciting opportunity to apply your skills and marketing savvy to a unique sector across DFC’s four North American brands: Money Mart Canada, Money Mart US, The Check Cashing Store and Insta-Cheques. With 5+ years experience, you are proficient in managing paid media programs including TV, radio, OOH, print and direct mail. You have plenty of experience managing retail merchandising and promotions in a B2C or ad agency environment and have ample experience working with a variety of stakeholders at every stage of the marketing process. Not only can you deliver large-scale national programs, you can also turn those programs into scalable local solutions. Resilient and hardworking, you can keep up with the demands of a fast-paced work environment, supporting the marketing needs of multiple products across multiple geographies and brands. Above all else, you’re obsessed with the art of marketing and have a solid understanding of traditional marketing media.
The Retail Merchandising & Paid Media Marketing Manager is accountable for planning, developing, executing and evaluating various paid media and retail merchandising programs in support of achieving Money Mart’s financial targets across all products.
External Paid Advertising
- Planning, creating and evaluating impactful media campaigns across (but not limited to) non-digital ad mediums including TV, radio, print and OOH (transit, billboards, etc.)
- Jointly works with Owned/Digital Manager to help execute paid online display advertising
- Analyzing and reporting on the impact of initiatives in an effort to maximize results.
- Identifying points of advertising integration with social and digital channels
- Staying up-to-date with new media opportunities and trends
- Working jointly with team to develop engaging customer promotions
- Recommends and deploys new media testing opportunities
- Leading the development of engaging, impactful in-store POP materials across brands – includes core merchandising elements, promotional materials, product features, new product launches, charity drives and HR collateral
- Maintains brand integrity by ensuring all POP is in compliance with brand standards
- Provides direction on store merchandising guide (Planogram)
- Works with Store Coordinator to manage relationship with warehousing and print suppliers
- Ensures that all merchandising contributes to an uplifting, respectful customer experience
- Chief liaison for in-store staff marketing materials
- Experiments with new merchandising formats and point person for lobby upgrades
Direct Mail Support (New Customers)
- Overseeing all aspects of direct mail support to acquire customers via mail. Includes testing offers, creative formats, and delivery channels
- Developing and analyzing metrics to ensure campaigns are meeting impact goals
- Works closely with Engagement/Earned Media Manager to ensure alignment. Shares best practices and collaborates on campaigns to ensure continuity
- Segments customers and analyzes opportunities for customer contact
Local Area Marketing & Sponsorship Support
- Works collaboratively with sales team to design, implement, and manage B2C and B2B programs to support local area advertising and promotions deployed via non-digital media.
- Oversees delivery of LAM programs to retail team – may include developing “how-to” guides, providing guidance on online ordering systems and more.
- Chief contact for Platinum Store LAM support
- Oversees Store Operations Support (SOS) program
- Works in tandem with Earned Media / Engagement Manager to support sponsorship (e.g. sports) and community event support efforts as well as referral efforts
Charity Involvement & Sponsorship
- Design, implement, and manage sponsorship plans focused on growing brand awareness.
- Oversee identification sponsorship opportunities, cultivation of solicitation strategies, and closing of deals.
- Maintain accurate and updated records of all sponsorship opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with marketing staff and colleagues to create customized content for use at sponsored events.
- Assist with managing in-store fundraising campaigns for DFC’s charity of choice
Exterior Signage Support
- Point person for facilities team on matters relating to external signage.
- Develops and tests forms of exterior signage including banners, lawn signs, trailer signs, etc
- Preferred degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Management, PR, Communications, English, or Arts.
- 5+ years marketing support experience in Retail, Alternative Financial Services, Consumer Goods, or Ad Agency experience mandatory. Must have direct experience working with an ad agency to develop mass advertising, merchandising and promotional programs. Must have direct experience working with a variety of corporate stakeholders in support of a retail chain.
- Passion for Marketing. You live and breathe marketing. You can’t see yourself in any other field because you love what you do.
- Team Player. You love a healthy debate. Whether it’s about communication strategy or the merits of a serif vs. sans serif font, you openly share your ideas and opinions and intake those of your colleagues. You leave your ego at home and embrace being part of a small, high performing team. When necessary, you step in to help your teammates when duty calls.
- Resourceful Self-Starter. Although you’ll be working as part of a team, the ability to independently run with projects is imperative. What you do every day won’t be written on a process sheet. You’ll need to build your own road map to arrive at your destination.
- Customer-Centric. As a chief steward of the customer relationship, you understand the importance of considering the customer in all decisions. You never lose sight of injecting humanity and heart in what you do.
- Highly Organized. From planning to analyzing, you manage numerous projects with overlapping timelines and continuously pay attention to the details. You are especially vigilant to ensure that all communications comply with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Exceptional Multi-Tasker. Managing projects tailored to different products, brands and geographies often requires you to “switch gears” on a moment’s notice. The ability toggle from project to project without losing your cool is a must.
- Strong Analytical Skills. You get excited about analyzing sales, customer and market data because these insights help you bring high impact programs to life. You constantly ask questions to uncover hidden insights and seek the truth in everything. Excel skills a must.
- Excellent Communicator. From preparing briefs to sending emails or running a meeting, you communicate with tact and creativity. Being able to convey ideas and effectively persuade others is a must. Being able to use Photoshop or Illustrator to help convey ideas, mock up layouts, develop presentations or create info-graphics is an asset but not a must.
- Creative Thinker. You enjoy creative conceptualization and understand the fundamentals of great design and copywriting.
- High Standards. You don’t cut corners. You challenge yourself and your teammates to reach higher, be best in class, and deliver thoughtful, high quality marketing support befitting of a leading financial services company.
We look for bright, energetic, motivated individuals who are interested in learning and developing their career. We invest in our employees and offer extensive training and development programs to set you up for future success.