Marketing Manager, Digital (Owned) Media - Victoria
- Victoria, Canada
About National Money Mart
Money Mart has been helping Canadians with their financial needs for over 25 years. Whether you need a payday loan, your cheque cashed, or simply need to exchange some foreign currency, Money Mart is here to serve you. With branches open late across Canada, it’s easy to see why more and more people choose us for fast, friendly, hassle-free solutions.
At Money Mart, we know that our employees are the key to our success. With over 460 stores in Canada, and locations internationally in the UK, the US, and expanding throughout Europe, opportunities for career growth and development with us are endless. As part of Dollar Financial Group, Inc., Money Mart’s reach is international, but our focus, is local; at every counter, and with every customer that we serve.
We hire smart, business savvy, people who get a thrill from helping our customers meet their personal and financial goals. We offer amazing training programs, world class benefits, great personal incentives and lots of other cool perks. If you are looking to flex your sales skills, and want to join a diverse, fun and dynamic team we have the job that you have been looking for.
At Money Mart, you can learn, grow and thrive…. So what are you waiting for????
Payday Loans, Cheque cashing, Foreign Currency, Western Union, We buy Gold, Taxes
- Industry (Retail, Sales, Financial Services)
- Company Size
DFC North America is looking for a Digital (Owned) Media Marketing Manager to join our marketing team in Victoria, BC. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your skills and marketing savvy to a unique sector across DFC’s four North American brands: Money Mart Canada, Money Mart US, The Check Cashing Store and Insta-Cheques. The Digital Marketing Manager will oversee the ongoing development and management of digital real estate for all off DFC Global’s North American Brands. The ideal candidate has a passion for marketing and a solid understanding of integrating retail and e-commerce channels to support overarching brand standards and organizational objectives. This person can keep up with demands of a fast paced work environment and “switch gears” across multiple products, geographies and brands.
The Digital (Owned) Media Marketing Manager will be responsible for planning, executing and managing digital real estate (websites and mobile apps), digital marketing and content campaigns. This professional will also build digital marketing expertise and capabilities within the organization.
- Managing digital advertising strategies for online, mobile and other digital platforms, from delivering stand-alone projects to integrated campaigns aligned with the brand communication plan.
- Overseeing PPC banner ads, video, and other channels and methods of paid media.
- Working with Marketing Team to integrate marketing efforts and collaborate on campaigns.
- Oversees post campaign reporting, analysis and recommendations
- Responsibility for planning and budgetary control of all digital marketing
- Reviewing new technologies and keep the company at the forefront of developments in digital marketing.
- Evaluating customer research, market conditions and competitor data.
- Demonstrate ability to influence local marketing and sales team in driving a change of mindset, by making e-commerce as much as a priority as retail.
Website & Mobile Applications
- Devising strategies to drive online traffic to the company website and mobile app(s)
- Driving and tracking conversion rates and continuously making improvements
- Utilising a range of techniques including paid search, SEO and PPC.
- Managing the redesign of the company website, starting with moneymart.ca
- Monitoring opportunities to enhance site and app usability, adding new features, etc.
- Reporting on web and mobile app related KPIs and driving continuous improvement
Search Marketing –SEM, Paid Search
- Acting as a strong business manager of the paid search engine marketing channel. Managing the tracking, reporting, and analyzing all PPC initiatives.
- Identifying and reporting on key performance indicators, and opportunities for improvement on a regular basis.
- Driving continued innovation and best practice implementation, regularly sharing knowledge with the marketing team.
- Becoming an expert across DFC products, understand the hot issues and new developments, and create an associated keyword expansion roadmap, working with the Marketing team to develop relevant ads and landing page content.
- Managing the day-to-day search marketing activities across multiple search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.) including the campaign planning, implementation, budget management, performance review, and optimization of paid search campaigns. Responsibilities include keyword research, review and editing of creative copy, review and analysis of web site performance metrics, and optimization of campaigns.
- Developing and maintaining key relationships with search engine representatives and technology vendor partners
- Growing and optimize keywords portfolio through testing
- Developing near and long-term PPC account strategies and execute day-to-day tactics such as A/B testing, bidding strategies, creative testing, and analysis that will increase revenue, site traffic, lead quality, conversion and margins.
- Staying current with new advances in search engine marketing, competitive landscape, keyword research, and recommend options for SEM toolsets
- Overseeing and implementing SEO initiatives, including content development, link-building organic search (focus on local search) and proper web site optimization (including meta tags and descriptions, on-page optimization, URL structures).
- Preferred degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Digital Marketing, Management, PR, Communications, English, or Arts.
- 4+ years experience in digital marketing. In-depth knowledge of digital technologies, upcoming trends. Strong knowledge and understanding of the digital and mobile spaces. Strong knowledge of e-commerce marketing techniques, lead generation and search marketing best practices, including SEO.
- Passion for Marketing. You live and breathe marketing. You can’t see yourself in any other field because you love what you do.
- Team Player. You love a healthy debate. Whether it’s about communication strategy or the name of a hashtag, you openly share your ideas and opinions and intake those of your colleagues. You leave your ego at home and embrace being part of a small, high performing team. When necessary, you step in to help your teammates when duty calls.
- Resourceful Self-Starter. Although you’ll be working as part of a team, the ability to independently run with projects is imperative. What you do every day won’t be written on a process sheet. You’ll need to build your own road map to arrive at your destination.
- Customer-Centric. As a chief steward of the customer relationship and representing Money Mart’s voice across numerous social media platforms, you understand the importance of considering the customer in all decisions. You never lose sight of injecting humanity and heart in what you do.
- Highly Organized. From planning to analyzing, you manage numerous projects with overlapping timelines and continuously pay attention to the details. You are especially vigilant to ensure that all communications comply with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Exceptional Multi-Tasker. Managing projects tailored to different products, brands and geographies often requires you to “switch gears” on a moment’s notice. The ability toggle from project to project without losing your cool is a must.
- Strong Analytical Skills. You get excited about analyzing sales, customer and market data because these insights help you bring high impact programs to life. You constantly ask questions to uncover hidden insights and seek the truth in everything. Excel skills a must.
- Excellent Communicator. From preparing briefs to Tweeting, you communicate with tact and creativity. Being able to convey ideas and effectively persuade others is a must. Being able to use Photoshop or Illustrator to help convey ideas, mock up layouts, develop presentations or create info-graphics is an asset but not a must.
- Creative Thinker. You enjoy creative conceptualization and understand the fundamentals of great design and you have experience copywriting for social media.
- High Standards. You don’t cut corners. You challenge yourself and your teammates to reach higher, be best in class, and deliver thoughtful, high quality marketing support befitting of a leading financial services company.
We look for bright, energetic, motivated individuals who are interested in learning and developing their career. We invest in our employees and offer extensive training and development programs to set you up for future success.