- Portland, OR
We are a small, venture capital funded, start-up, chip design firm located in the Tigard/Beaverton area.
We are looking for driven, curious, hard working individuals who are committed to being an intregal part of creating new technology.
The Applications Engineer is responsible for creating application notes, data sheets and demo boards, as well as providing clear and constructive feedback to the design team at Neofocal. The ability to work independently and as a team player on simultaneous projects with compressed timelines is important. Also, this is a highly collaborative role within a small startup, so the ability to communicate clearly and maintain positive internal relationships is paramount.
This position is not eligible for H-1B.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering
- 3 to 7 years relevant work experience
- Electrical lab skills, familiar with oscilloscopes, multimeters, etc.
- Experience with PCB design at the schematic level
- Analog/mixed signal circuit design, could be chip or PCB level
- Familiar with DC/DC switching power converters
- Experience as applications engineer for analog or mixed signal
- Doing/supervising board layout
- Programming in any scripting language
- Technical writing experience
- Design of DC/DC switching converters
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities independently
- Ability to work independently, with little or no supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly, in both verbal and written format
- Ability to lead or assist in the development of technical documents
- Should be curious about the process and the product, be comfortable asking questions
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are considering LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY for this position.