MISSION OF THE JOB:
Manage the Bar operations and achievement of business goals. Ensure the Bar’s role of converting customers to NESPRESSO Club Members is achieved. Provide exceptional service so that every customer and club member receives the ultimate service in compliance with the NESPRESSO brand image and corporate standards.
Sales and Customer Service:
- Achieve with team the daily, weekly, monthly sales and service level targets set for the bar
- Maximize guest frequency, average check and acquisition of new club members in the bar
- Maximize overall sales in the Bar
- Lead the team by example in servicing and selling to our customers all aspects of the NESPRESSO Trilogy
- Ensure that all customers are served in the best possible manner and that every transaction is completed efficiently and effectively
- Proactively manage, listen and interact with all customers and resolve any complaints
- Drive the implementation of company programs by motivating and instructing the team to meet operational and organizational objectives
- Motivate and coach team to provide exceptional customer service in keeping with our brand image
- Plans, identifies, communicates and delegates appropriate responsibilities to team to ensure a smooth operation
- Provide coaching and direction to the team in an effort to achieve operational goals. Consistently review KPI’s to identify problems, concerns and opportunities for improvements. Create action plan to achieve goals.
- Communicate regularly with team in a clear, concise and accurate way in order to ensure effective bar operations.
- Monitor and manage staffing levels to ensure bar operations and customer service goals are met.
- Recruit, hire and the train the team.
- Utilize tools and analyze financial reports to identify and address inventory and sales trends.
- Use all operational tools to plan for and achieve excellence in staffing, scheduling, monthly reports, cash management and inventory management.
- Implement SOP’s and guidelines for the bar ensuring team compliance.
- Run monthly physical stock inventories, place orders and check deliveries to ensure adequate stock levels.
- Place weekly orders for all bar supplies and deliveries to ensure adequate stock levels.
- Deliver all requested weekly and monthly reports in a timely manner.
Food Management, Health and Hygiene:
- Develop complete procedures for ordering food from vendors to include how to access quantities to order, margin and daily cost and waste percentage
- Assess menu seasonally and plan for new menu with current corporate operations partners
- Determine if price adjustments are necessary using benchmarking, current sales and costs
- Prepare Bar staff to sell wine and champagne
- Review and develop complete understanding of state and federal health and food regulations
- Develop internal action list to ensure 100% compliance in bar standards at all times
Training and Coaching:
- Maintain current and up to date knowledge on coffee and the NESPRESSO Trilogy.
- Continuously evaluate the quality of service and give individual feedback to the Bar staff.
- Create a culture of continuous learning within the team through daily meetings, focused group sessions, formal training and one on ones.
- Responds to immediate Bar and team needs by partnering with NESPRESSO resources (Human Resources, Finance, Operations) and external resources as needed.
- Acts as a coach and mentor by using discretion in assessing performance, providing feedback and coaching to improve performance.
Public Relations and Events:
- Mobilize the team to achieve the objective of each event or initiative
- Ensure coordination and harmonized ways of working between the bar and boutique teams.