Assistant Nespresso Bar Manager (Toronto)
- Toronto, Canada
Nestlé Nespresso S.A. is the market leader in premium portioned coffee and one of the fastest growing
operating businesses of the Nestlé Group.
MISSION OF THE JOB:
Manage the daily operations and support the Bar Manager to guarantee exceptional service while achieving business goals. Ensure that the Bar employees focus on customer service and converting Bar customers into NESPRESSO Club Members. Adhere to all food safety standards and service standards that conform to Nespresso standards and branding.
Sales and Customer Service:
- Achieve with the team the daily, weekly, monthly sales and service level targets.
- Maximize guest frequency, average check and acquisition of new club members in the bar
- Ensure the Bar (café) is clean, orderly and well presented to the guests
- In collaboration with the Bar Manager, lead the team by example in customer service and selling of the NESPRESSO Trilogy
- Ensure that each and every customer is served efficiently and effectively.
- Proactively manage all customer interaction and complaints
- Motivate and coach the team to provide exceptional customer service in keeping with our image and brand values
- Manage shifts to ensure that staff are prepared and ready to work and communicate with each other throughout their shift
- Leverage the strengths and competencies in the team
- Ensure there are sufficient resources throughout the day through scheduling that meets the business and customer needs and patterns
- Complete all shift reports or documentation in a timely manner
- Support and assists in the implementation of SOP’s and guidelines for the Bar operations and ensure full compliance by the team
- Ensure all food and safety standards are followed by the team
- Support the Bar manager with the implementation of company programs by working directly with the team to execute action plans that meet the operations objectives
Cash and Stock Management:
- Supervise and enforce the cash management policy, cash handling, store funds and deposit procedures.
- In partnership with the Bar Manager analyze the menu, inventory needs, including the monitoring of expense and purchasing budgets and place orders as needed
- Run monthly and quarterly stock inventories
Training and Coaching:
- Continually seek to broaden your knowledge on coffee and the NESPRESSO Trilogy
- Evaluate the quality of service provided by your team and provide individual and team feedback
- Create a culture of continuous learning with the team through daily meetings, focused group sessions, formal training and one on ones
- Respond to the immediate employee and team needs by partnering with NESPRESSO resources (Human Resources, Operations, Finance) and external resources as needed
- Act as a coach and mentor in the development of your team by assessing performance, providing feedback and coaching
- Provide Bar Manager with recommendations on hiring and promotions
PR & Events
- Actively contribute towards the execution of promotions and special events
- College degree in business, hospitality or a closely related field / High School Diploma or GED with equivalent experience
- 3-4 years restaurant experience.
- 2 years supervision experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to deliver customer service that meets or exceeds the customer expectations
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience with the implementation of systems and policies with regards to retail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Team-building skills
- The ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and some evenings
- Knowledge of coffee from the source to in the cup
- Fluent in English
The closing date for this posting is July 28th, 2013. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Visit www.nespresso.com to learn more about us