MISSION OF THE JOB:
To be an ambassador of our brand and a fountain head of coffee knowledge (source to in-cup), recipes, preparation and service to our customers in keeping with our premium positioning as ‘architects of perfection and the icon of perfect coffee worldwide. Lead and create/animate the ultimate coffee experience through the Nespresso System/concept and transform our potential/existing customers into Nespresso Ambassadors. Operate the Nespresso Coffee Bar in unison with the Boutique/Bar Team as defined in concept for Boutique-Bars.
Sales and Customer Service
- Lead the potential/existing consumer to experience the Nespresso System as the best in cup quality portioned coffee
- Advise potential/existing customers on the source of our coffee, grand-crus, the value chain and final in cup portioned served to them
- Deal with the guests as a ‘Nespresso Coffee Expert’ to back up the service teams at the Boutique & Bar
- Contribute towards the conversion of customers to Nespresso Club Members for life and Brand Ambassadors
- Act as a strong bridge, connection between the Nespresso Brand, Team and our customers and harness customer feedback into continuously improving/adding value to our recipes, operations and SOPs
Operational Accountabilities and Key Tasks (Boutique & Bar)
- Actively contribute towards the design and preparation of Menu’s, recipes, promotions/offers. Develop and demonstrate ‘Latte-Art’
- Manages the Bar Operations in terms of inventory/stocks and replenishments, preparation area, tools and bar equipment i.e. ready and complete at all times.
- Ensure compliance and quality standards in keeping with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) including Food Safety & Hygiene
- Open and close the daily bar/operations including cash and stock handling
- Involved in the process of shift/work planning
- Responsible for completion (accuracy & quality) of daily, weekly, monthly reports
- Participate in team meetings and contribute with new ideas and suggestions to further improve our operations continuously
- Helps manage/support peaks and lows in our daily/weekly operations
- Work in shifts and support special events.
- Prepare all the drinks with respect of the standard
- Service on the table during the lows activities.
PR & Events
- Represent Nespresso as the ‘coffee expert’ at events (on site and off-site) as per guidelines
- Advise the agency and team to define/design special events to achieve specific objectives
Training and Coffee Education
- Constantly upgrade one’s knowledge on coffee, recipes and the Nespresso system
- Use the available knowledge (own and Nespresso) to train the team
- Invest time and be available to educate customers/Nespresso Club members
- Work with the Barista Association/Barista Mentors, BaristaAcademy