Junior 2nd Line Application Support
- Derby, UK
Netcompany works with some of the most exciting, innovative and recognisable brands in the world. As a company, we focus on helping organisations make better use of technology and we are recognised as being a company that is disrupting the marketplace and helping to transform the IT sector.
Our reputation is built on providing our clients with absolute certainty that Netcompany will deliver the outcomes specified and that their critical systems are managed to the highest standards. Netcompany have ambitious growth plans for the next few years and will continue to win and deliver multi-million-pound projects, offering fantastic challenging opportunities.
Netcompany are currently looking for a Junior 2nd Line Application Support Analyst, responsible for maintaining the application services, taking accountability for the successful response and resolution of the incidents passed to the team through the provided ITSM tool. The role would also involve maintaining SLAs through the completion of regular monitoring and housekeeping activities and taking the appropriate actions to resolve any identified issue arising.
- Accurately identify, resolve, escalate and record IT incidents reported via automated generated alerts, via phone and email.
- Respond to and resolve 2nd line Application incidents and requests in order to maintain/exceed contracted service levels.
- Escalate incidents to 3rd line team to ensure adherence to SLAs.
- Maintain application availability through the monitoring of automated system alerts and complete scheduled housekeeping activities as required. Escalate any identified issues as required, notifying Netcompany and the client management teams.
- Produce and distribute scheduled reports (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Regularly communicate with the Client service desk and wider teams to keep them updated and informed.
- Form part of a shift and on-call Application Support team rota.
- Ensure adherence to the client’s procedures including escalations, quality adherence, confidentiality and security policy.
- An effective communicator, communicating well with both the client and with users requiring assistance
- Able to go beyond routine questioning to find the underlying causes of problems or discrepancies to identify and develop sound solutions
- Able to maintain performance in demanding situations
- Self-manage time effectively through organisation and planning skills
- Able to adapt and work effectively with a variety of individuals or groups and in a variety of situations
- Experience in .Net development and related technologies.
- Experience in Transact SQL (TSQL) and database schemas.
- Good written skills, able to produce high quality reporting
- Able to quickly understand new technologies
- Experience of a corporate environment with experience of working with a variety of infrastructure and application technologies.
- Experience in following documented processes working in multi-vendor support models
Candidates who have graduated with a technical-based degree (Computer Science, Computer Networks, or a similar discipline)