Chief Operating Officer
- Washington, DC
Network for Good is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) social enterprise combining the mission of a charity with the business savvy of a software company. We are a for-purpose organization, focused on unleashing generosity by enabling anyone, anywhere to give to charity. We’re delivering on that mission with the distribution of nearly $1B in donations to over 100,000 charities in just 12 years.
We have a two-sided business model. Network for Good helps nonprofits raise funds for their missions through simple, affordable and effective online fundraising services and free training programs. And, Network for Good works with companies to implement effective cause initiatives powered by our proven donation platform.
Network for Good is scaling massively over the next 5 years – roughly a 10x growth – and is seeking an experienced executive to lead the operations through this growth phase. The ideal candidate has experience leading a software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company on a similar growth curve. In addition, the ideal candidate can adeptly juggle both strategic and tactical roles and thrives on innovation and disruption.
This multi-faceted position reports directly to Network for Good’s CEO and will be responsible for managing the core operations including content, account management, product development, marketing, customer success and customer solutions.
Through a respectful, constructive and enthusiastic style, guided by the objectives of NFG, the COO provides the leadership, vision and management necessary to ensure that the organization achieves its mission, grows its business and provides exceptional products, service and support. Focusing on both growth and operational efficiency, the COO will:
- Drive the company to achieve and surpass organizational goals
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management of the organization that supports the mission and core values of Network for Good
- Provide the CEO with timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the organization
- Provide product leadership so Network for Good’s offerings continue to evolve to meet the future needs of the fundraising market
- Maintain and grow Network for Good’s strong brand and ensure marketing efforts and content development support the brand and fuel customer growth
- Collaborate with other members of the leadership team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the organization
- Motivate and lead a high performance management team; attract, recruit and retain team members
- Provide mentoring as a cornerstone to team member career development program
Key competencies of the role:
- Provide Visionary Leadership - Display passion, provide inspiration and clearly articulate organizational plans and progress
- Motivate – Set challenging goals; demonstrate persistence and motivation to achieve high-levels of success
- Manage Growth and Change – Manage growth and change through transparency, strategic focus and effective communication
- Support Product Development- Work with technology and business teams to define, roll out, market and support products
- Manage and Grow the Brand: Grow Network for Good’s brand through marketing, content and product development
- Manage People – Motivate, mentor, guide and oversee stellar team
- Analyze Data – Assess organizational metrics and synthesize complex data
- Exhibit Sound Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; make timely decisions
- Plan and Prioritize – Organize team members; set realistic timelines; oversee implementation
- Provide Stellar Customer Service – Manage efficient and effective customer service team; Provide leadership for difficult customer situations; Serve as a point of escalation if needed
We are looking for someone with a proven track record in operations management during high periods of growth. The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- 15+ years of experience, with 5 in an executive-level position; operational and management experience is required
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience; masters in business administration is a plus
- Experience managing a SaaS organization serving the middle-market
- Solid knowledge of SaaS, web services, software products and the Internet; ability to understand Network for Good's technology-driven model for nonprofits and corporations
- Experience leading, growing and motivating high performing teams and sustaining strong organizational cultures in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and passion for working in an entrepreneurial startup environment
- Metric focused in driving performance
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking and presentation skills
- Solid working knowledge of budgeting, sales, business development, customer relations and strategic planning
- Marketing and branding expertise
In short, you will be expected to use your extensive talents to ensure Network for Good and its team continues to grow, excel and innovate. We’re out to change giving forever, for the better.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Candidates submitting an application must have legal authorization to work in the United States.