- Washington, DC
Network for Good envisions a world where generosity is unleashed, with compelling opportunities to give back at every person’s fingertips. To achieve this vision, Network for Good empowers nonprofits and partners with the platform and know-how to scale generosity and advance good causes. In just 11 years, Network for Good has helped more than 80,000 nonprofits and distributed over $800 million in donations.
Network for Good seeks an experienced Business Analyst to continue growing our business and our technology. The ideal candidate should be energetic, smart, and project management savvy and should be able to demonstrate experience in gathering and writing technical requirements and specifications. This is an opportunity to revolutionize charity by changing the face of giving.
- Work closely with business teams to review product requirements and define functional design specifications
- Write functional design documents
- Project management of production support, including frequent review of issues, gathering business team input as needed, and work with technical team to prioritize and resolve
- Assist with project management of new initiatives during product development and testing
- Compile requests for changes to product design, website content, and website design and project manage the review and decision-making process
We are looking for someone with a proven track record in requirements gathering and project management. An ideal candidate would have the following attributes:
- Demonstrable experience writing customer-centric and user experience-driven design specifications and functional requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business, or equivalent experience or training
- At least 2 years of requirements-gathering experience, preferably for web-based financial transaction processing systems
- Experience using Visio, MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Photoshop, and MS Project
- Experience programming in any language is highly desirable
- Experience with Salesforce is desirable
- Experience in Agile software development methodologies is a plus
- Ability to multi-task several projects at once while coordinating communication among different time zones and locations
- Candidates submitting an application must have legal authorization to work in the United States
- You are a motivated, self-starter, independent, results oriented professional who wants to do good in the world
- You are detail oriented with the ability to see the big picture. You can think proactively, beyond the specific task to assess impacts to customers, partners and other teams
- You are comfortable asking the tough questions or addressing unpopular issues
- You have great organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- You are tech savvy, with a solid understanding of web applications. You are comfortable working with highly technical team members as well as non-technical team members
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Candidates submitting an application must have legal authorization to work in the United States.