- Washington, DC
Network for Good is a social enterprise combining the mission of a charity with the business savvy of a software company. We are a for-purpose organization, focused on unleashing generosity by enabling anyone, anywhere to give to charity. We’re delivering on that mission with the distribution of $1B in donations to over 100,000 charities in just 12 years.
Network for Good is currently recruiting for a detail-oriented, deadline-driven Accountant to manage
full cycle accounts payable and receivable, prepare financial reports and accounting statements and assist with monthly/quarterly/year-end closings.
- Responsible for full cycle accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Handles bank reconciliations; monitors and solves bank and account issues
- Manages donation check processing for stale or lost checks
- Completes expense reconciliation payment and process
- Coordinates state registrations
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, assigning account numbers, requesting disbursements and reconciles accounts
- Monitors and records use of company credit cards and reconcile to the general ledger.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Complies with federal, state and local financial legal requirements by staying on top of existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Assists with monthly, quarterly and year-end closings and audit preparations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or relevant field; or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in the field of accounting
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, finance principles, financial reporting and knowledge of local, state and federal laws regarding state filing/registration
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics (or Great Plains) preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong with Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Candidates submitting an application must have legal authorization to work in the United States.