Network for Good is currently recruiting for a detail-oriented, deadline-driven Accountant to manage
full cycle accounts payable and receivable, prepare financial reports and accounting statements and assist with monthly/quarterly/year-end closings.
- Responsible for full cycle accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Handles bank reconciliations; monitors and solves bank and account issues
- Manages donation check processing for stale or lost checks
- Completes expense reconciliation payment and process
- Coordinates state registrations
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, assigning account numbers, requesting disbursements and reconciles accounts
- Monitors and records use of company credit cards and reconcile to the general ledger.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Complies with federal, state and local financial legal requirements by staying on top of existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Assists with monthly, quarterly and year-end closings and audit preparations