Data Import Specialist - Contract
- Washington, DC
Network for Good believes small and local nonprofits have important missions and deserve great software and services to power their fundraising and fuel those missions. We use data, technology, and the power of networks to eliminate the daily fundraising grind that most nonprofit leaders endure. Network for Good provides Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) fundraising solutions and education that have delivered over $1.5 billion to more than 125,000 charities since 2001.
Started as a 501c3 nonprofit, Network for Good recently became a for-profit company and a certified B
Corporation with a mission focus. We are now in growth mode and seeking energetic and innovative team members who want to make a big impact for our customers. If being part of an organization with big dreams and a social mission appeals to you, Network for Good may be your next adventure.
People who thrive at Network for Good are those who enjoy a fast-moving, team-oriented environment that’s always focused on achieving results and ultimately makes the world a better place. In addition to our vibrant atmosphere and collaborative culture we offer awesome perks and a competitive salary and benefits package, including stock options. By working for Network for Good you will not only be rewarded for your personal achievements but you will also have the opportunity to be part of an organization that lives by its motto every day: Do Good. Feel Good. ™
We are seeking a Data Import Specialist on a contract basis to help drive success of Network for Good’s new donor management system (DMS) customers by performing data import and related operations. The position will be responsible for working with customers’ data, analyzing and transforming data files where necessary, and implementing processes to ensure smooth import of customers’ data into the NFG DMS. This position will work closely with the Customer Success team, which helps to onboard our customers, and the Technology team responsible for ongoing development of the product including import mechanisms. Important to the role is the ability to work on technical issues and explain issues to non-technical end-users.
The key responsibilities are:
•Migrate and transform data from external systems or excel to NFG Donor Management system
•Review and analyze client data files to confirm the data provided conforms to Network for Good requirements and identify potential conversion issues
•Assist customer in transforming legacy data into a standardized format for importing
•Identify and document data elements to be migrated from the customer’s existing system to our system
•Communicate data file issues to the client while coordinating with technology team and customer success team
•Implement data file mapping, transformation and loading process for new Donor Management customers
•Make recommendations on how to add, improve, or automate data file migration process and tools
•Prepare, deploy, and migrate data into test and production environments which may include creating and executing SQL scripts, using import tool, as well as any other provided tools
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
• Prior experience with Nonprofit CRM solutions highly desired
• 1-3 years’ experience working with excel and like databases
• 1-3 years’ experience working with many datasets and formats from a variety of vendors, providers and platforms
• Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft Excel including manipulation, cross-referencing, and clean-up between multiple and/or large data sets
• Experience migrate customer data from legacy systems into new system including data cleanup and standardization
• Experience working with technical staff and developers, specifically regarding data integrity and accuracy
• Ability to translate complex data issues into non-technical terms for internal customer support
• Prior experience with importing to CRM a must, experience working with nonprofit databases desirable
• Excellent ability to multi-task; must have a high level attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to write basic technical queries if given direct database access highly desirable
Candidates submitting an application must have legal authorization to work in the United States.