Sr. Systems Architect
- San Jose, CA
Founded in Silicon Valley in 2004 NeuroSky is breaking the boundaries of body and mind monitoring and analysis for consumer-facing, wearable technology products. Our innovative biosensors are used globally in hundreds of products, brought to market by our partners, for body and mind health. These solutions capture, quantify and reveal unique health and wellness insights and give millions of people the ability to monitor and improve the performance body and mind.
Senior Systems Architect position involves frequent creative opportunities
to design and experiment with new, experimental prototype systems,
applications, and algorithms, involving both hardware and software, internal
and external systems, which may evolve into new company projects or product
lines. Applicant must be capable of both high-level design and low-level
implementation in order to bring projects to completion. The position will also
require constant and extensive interaction with project managers, hardware
designers, software programmers, manufacturing, partners and customers This
position reports to the Director of Applications Engineering at NeuroSky.
Planning and designing the lower-level communication protocols, drivers,
firmware, and higher-level API implementations for a wide array of
projects and end-user products.
• Design and implement code for scalable, extensible, and maintainable
cross-platform and cross-product interfaces and standards that can be
used to support both R&D efforts within the company and worldwide
partner/customer development efforts outside of the company.
• Design, development, and release of internal and external systems and
• Support of other customers/companies to develop and release their
• Generation of documentation artifacts (SOPs, version control,
change logs, user manuals, FAQs, etc)
Experience in designing and implementing code for scalable, extensible,
and maintainable cross-platform and cross-product interfaces and
standards that can be used to support both R&D efforts within the
company and worldwide partner/customer development efforts outside of
• Demonstrated exceptional skills and knowledge of systems’ design and
software development tools and techniques.
• At least 4 years working experience in software and hardware
development, maintenance, design, or related experience.
• Experience with multiple software platforms and operating systems and
tools, such as Windows, OSX, Android, iOS, Linux, Matlab, Unity, .NET,
• Experience with multiple software languages, such as C/C++, Obj-C, C#,
Java, scripting languages, HTML5
• Experience with database systems, such as MySQL, Oracle, etc.
• Experience with network and communications protocols, such as TCP/IP,
UART/RS232, BLE, etc.
• Demonstrated experience in hardware or software product design
Demonstrated experience with infrastructure systems and tools, such as
VCS, Release Control, etc.
• B.S. or above in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or a Hardware-
or Software-related Engineering major
Deep engineering and systems design and problem solving skills and
• Deep theoretical understanding of algorithms and programmatic
• Attention to detail
• Strong written and oral communication skills (including documentation
• Ability to work independently and responsibly under challenging
• Strong organizational skills, foresight, attention to detail, and the ability to
think and work independently.
Fast growing start up company offering stock options.
Relocation assistance will be provided as needed
Immigration sponsorship available for eligible candidates
Recent college graduates and veterans are encouraged to apply