Senior Systems Engineer
- Revere, MA
New England Confectionary Company is a $70 million revenue Company entering a growth and investment phase. The Company is the oldest continuously operating multi-line confectionary company with operations starting in 1847. Out of its Revere, MA facility, the Company manufactures, sells and distributes many well-known brands nationally such as Sweethearts, NECCO Wafers, Mary Jane, Mighty Malts, Clark, Skybar and many others. NECCO is private equity backed.
Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Department: Information Technology
Location: Revere, Massachusetts
Reports To: Director of Information Technology
New England Confectionery Company is an iconic, multiline candy company located in Revere, MA. Our broad line of well-known brands includes Necco Wafers, Sweethearts, Mary Jane and Clark.
Summary of Position: To develop and maintain information systems and provide support to users to ensure effective use of information technology in support of business requirements.
- Providing technical support of Servers (HP), Workstations/PCs (HP), and Printers.
- Support Network elements (Cisco ASA Firewall, Cisco and HP switches).
- Responsible for Active Directory management and Operating systems (Windows).
- Maintain Virtualization (VMware), Storage components (SAN/NAS), and Back up devices and software (Symantec).
- Responsible for Anti-virus software (Vipre) and Patch management (WSUS).
- Experience with telephony and PBX (NEC).
- Mac setup and administration.
- Microsoft-related product installation and administration experience in Windows Server, SQL Server, AD, and Exchange.
- Skills in use of Crystal Reports desired but not required.
- Excellent customer, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently, w/out supervision.
- Knowledge of system and network design and familiarity with programming concepts.
- Issue management, tracking, and resolution (Spiceworks).
- Knowledge and experience in working with Consultants and Managed Service Providers a plus.
- Network monitoring and management tool experience.
- Experience with Web server setup and support.
- Cisco VPN setup and trouble shooting.
Education: BS/BA degree preferred
Working Conditions: Works in an office environment. Work may require occasional extended evening hours when necessary.
The New England Confectionery Company promotes equity in employment. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquires or agencies please.