- New York, NY
NewsCred is the world’s leading content marketing platform. We’re powering marketing technology for the future – helping brands transform the way they connect with people, build brand love and win more customers. We enable top brands such as Pepsi, Pfizer, Dell, Diageo and Spotify to create amazing content experiences with simplicity, speed and global scale.
NewsCred's Content Marketing Cloud software provides the easiest end-to-end solution for content planning, creation, publishing and analytics. In one place, brands gain unprecedented access to the world's largest content marketplace, including licensed content from over 5,000 publishers and original content from our award-winning journalist network.
Every day, across three offices, more than 180 brilliant people come to work at NewsCred, and commit their talents, passions, time and energy to shape the future of an industry. We love working with incredibly talented people. We love helping our clients win. We love inventing new products. We love being trailblazers in a new category. And we are proud of the fact that each year we pay millions of dollars to help inspire and employ the next generation of great journalists, artists, and creators.
We're not making small changes; we're building technology to completely rethink how people create, consume, and share their stories with the world.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
NewsCred Senior Editors are responsible for carrying out the vision of turning brands into publishers. Senior Editors develop editorial strategies for clients and, subsequently, help them bring the strategy to life through a combination of ongoing counsel and program management. We are looking for an experienced editor to partner with many of our largest B2B clients, primarily in the financial services and healthcare industries.
Senior Editors work closely with the Client Services team to proactively identify editorial challenges and opportunities for clients, including issues related to the mix of publishers clients license content from and the topical focus for original content.
A list of detailed responsibilities is below. This list is meant to be as comprehensive as possible at a general level, but is not all inclusive of the tasks a Senior Editor may be asked to perform. The list of common responsibilities will change as NewsCred’s software, service offerings and client needs evolve over time.
- Facilitate discovery sessions with clients to understand their goals, guidelines and resources related to their editorial efforts.
- Run editorial kick-offs with clients to prepare them to effectively curate licensed content and manage original content creation through our software.
- Prepare audits of the editorial content for competitive content hubs to inform our initial recommendations and updated guidance on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Collaborate with the Strategy team to recommend an editorial strategy for clients and specifically offer counsel on style, mix of topics, mix of content structure (I.E. how-to’s versus listicles) and frequency.
- Collaborate with clients on the development of custom scorecards based on their goals.
- Determine what topics, sources and types of content are driving either audience growth or a conversion event (I.E. clicking on a contact form button).
Original Content Management
- Facilitate process of getting pitches from writers based on topics agreed upon with a client
- Copy edit original content
- Project manage content production,
- Monitor and enforce writer and client deadlines
- Track and report status of each piece of content in production
- Work with writers to obtain necessary legal release forms
- Handle program communication between writers and client
- Ensure pitches and content are on brand
Licensed Content Management
- Proactively monitor the performance of a client’s mix of licensed sources and regularly and concisely communicate what’s working and what’s not with appropriate team members across Editorial and the Client Services team.
- Review the ongoing curation work of Associate Editors.
- Facilitate trainings with clients on editorial best practices.
- Effectively communicate recommendations to clients on optimizing their editorial programs.
- 3 - 5 years experience editing web content.
- Experience in ideation and production for either a news organization or a brand.
- Familiarity with digital marketing space and enthusiasm for working with commercial brands.
- Experience in covering either the financial services or healthcare industries or working with brands in those industries.
- Experience with creating and interpreting web analytics reports.
- Understanding of tone and voice (e.g. What makes a Gawker story different from a Washington Post story?)
- Ability to concisely communicate with managers and colleagues about complex client issues.
What we can offer you!
- Best-in-class compensation plans
- Great benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Generous vacation policy
- Huge variety of snacks & drinks, catered lunches and happy hours
- Training and career development
- Chosen as one of Crain’s Best Places to Work in 2014
Please let us know why you are interested in this position by including a cover letter with your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.