IT Project Manager
- Denver, CO
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is a premier IT services and resource provider to various civilian agencies within the Federal government with ISO 9001 certified Quality Management Systems. Our partners include major software manufacturers and large corporations and small businesses in the IT industry. Our team members are currently providing mission-critical application development and support services to civilian agencies within the Federal government.
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is looking for an outstanding IT Project Manager to manage and lead the relocation of several existing data centers. We are searching for an individual with experience in project management and hands-on infrastructure planning and implementation. This individual will be required to work closely with internal NexGen team members and a diverse set of contacts from within our customer’s management chain.
- Manage transition, ramp-up, and ramp-down activities
- Manage overall project scope and resource to ensure an on-time on-budget delivery
- Preparation of the Project Management Plan addressing how to manage schedule, and risk
- Provide interface and be responsive in overall project communication
- Prepare and deliver status reports
- Participate in regular and ad hoc meetings regarding project delivery
- Participate in planning meetings as requested
- Prepare transition plans as necessary
- Define project scope and objectives
- Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
- Conduct project meetings and responsible for tracking and analysis
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and review project deliverables
- Provide technical and analytical guidance to project team
- Recommend and take action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline
- Strong background in IT infrastructure planning.
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in infrastructure planning and implementation with at least two years in a hands-on technical lead/project management role
Verifiable proficiency in:
- IT Project Management
- Windows and UNIX operating systems
- Knowledge of relational database systems.
- Knowledge of general networking principles and technologies.
- Knowledge of small to medium sized data center concepts and principles.
- Experience in managing Federal Government IT projects using EVM techniques is highly desirable
- PMP Certification is a strong plus
Position is located inDenver,Colorado, metropolitan area. Some travel may be required.
Successful candidate will be required to clear a background screen.
Additional Desired Skills/Experience:
- Experience with Informix and Oracle Databases
- Experience with Eclipse IDE
- Prior production support experience.
- Prior experience working in a government setting.
- Minimum 3 years experience in Java EE application development.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related scientific or technical degree; or equivalent experience
NexGen Technologies, Inc. provides a dynamic and challenging work environment, with opportunities for professional growth. We offer an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, 401K-matching, flexible spending account, paid vacation and tuition reimbursement.