Business Analyst /IT Support
- Denver, CO
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is a premier IT services and resource provider to various civilian agencies within the Federal government with ISO 9001 certified Quality Management Systems. Our partners include major software manufacturers and large corporations and small businesses in the IT industry. Our team members are currently providing mission-critical application development and support services to civilian agencies within the Federal government.
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is looking for a Business Analyst to support Federal government applications. This individual will be required to work closely with members of the NexGen’s and client’s teams, including but not limited to subject matter experts, technical leads, and project managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Develop training materials, user manuals, presentations, and reports
- Provide technical assistance and support to users on CommentWorks, and other database or software applications
- Participate at appropriate meetings, workshops, and technical meetings; as well as making formal presentations
- Coordinate with users and technical staff to develop recommendations for modifications and enhancements to the applications
- Develop service handbooks and bulletins based on field investigations, engineering changes and overall knowledge of product
- Provide a communication link between the customer and the NexGen staff to ensure effective service is provided
- Deliver training via NetMeeting, onsite, or at customer offices within the United States. Ability to travel up to 90%
- Bachelors degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, or related discipline
- 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst with training responsibilities
- Experience with Business Process Manager (BPM) desired
- Experience with CommentWorks desired
- Ability to provide technical training internal resources, as well as external client resources
- Experience in technical training and support
- Employ effective interpersonal communication
- Willingness to and comfort level with speaking in front of large audiences
- Knowledge and skill in IT systems development life cycle management concepts, configuration, change and release management principles and concepts
- Experience with Esri products, Arbortext, and Documentum desired
- Willingness to travel for client training/work, sometimes on short notice
- Knowledge and skills in: SharePoint; MS Office including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
Additional Desired Skills/Requirements
- Familiarity with Federal government standards, policies, and guidelines
The successful candidate will also be able to pass background screening prior to employment.
US Citizenship or work-authorization with alien registration number required.