Software Engineer (C and JEE)
- Denver, CO
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is a premier IT services and resource provider to various civilian agencies within the Federal government with ISO 9001 certified Quality Management Systems. Our partners include major software manufacturers and large corporations and small businesses in the IT industry. Our team members are currently providing mission-critical application development and support services to civilian agencies within the Federal government.
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is looking for an
outstanding Prolifics Panther and Enterprise
Java Developer to design, develop, and maintain enterprise Prolifics
Panther and Java applications. We are searching for an individual with
experience in Prolifics Panther and Java EE application development and ability
to work well within a diverse team. This individual will be required to work
closely with members of the NexGen’s and client’s teams, including but not
limited to subject matter experts, technical leads, and project managers.
- Background in Prolifics Panther programming language and/or solid experience in C programming
- Strong background in Java programming language
- Understanding of Object Oriented concepts, design patterns, and various open-source toolkits and frameworks
- Familiarity with all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle
- Enthusiasm, attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of projects are necessary. This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, and good time-management skills.
- Successful candidate will be required to clear a federal background screen.
- Demonstrable proficiency with:
- Eclipse IDE
- Apache Web Server, Tomcat, or another industry standard Application Server platform
- Relational Databases (Oracle, Informix, MySQL)
- SOAP based Web Services
- CVS, Subversion
- Windows XP and Unix (Solaris and Linux) operating systems
- Minimum 3 years experience in Prolifics Panther and/or C application development
- Minimum 3 years experience in Java EE application development
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related scientific or technical degree; or equivalent experience
Additional Desired Skills/Experience:
- Working knowledge of Apache/Tomcat is highly desirable
The successful candidate will also be able to pass background screening prior to employment.
US Citizenship or work-authorization with alien registration number required.
NexGen Technologies, Inc. provides a dynamic and challenging work environment, with opportunities for professional growth. We offer an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401K-matching, paid vacation, and tuition reimbursement.