Software Project Manager
- Denver, CO
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is a premier IT services and resource provider to various civilian agencies within the Federal government with ISO 9001 certified Quality Management Systems. Our partners include major software manufacturers and large corporations and small businesses in the IT industry. Our team members are currently providing mission-critical application development and support services to civilian agencies within the Federal government.
Software Project Manager
We are looking for an outstanding hands-on Software Project Manager to manage and lead the design, development, and maintenance of multiple, concurrent Web-based multi-tier enterprise application development projects. We are searching for an individual with demonstrable experience in project management and hands-on Java Enterprise Edition application development. This individual will be required to work closely with members of the NexGen’s and client’s technical staff, including but not limited to subject matter experts and other engineers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Manage software project initiation, transition, ramp-up and ramp-down activities
- Manage overall project scope and resource to ensure an on-time on-budget delivery
- Preparation of the Project Management Plan addressing how to manage schedule and risk
- Provide interface and be responsive in overall project communication
- Prepare and deliver status reports
- Participate in regular and ad hoc meetings regarding project delivery, as needed
- Define project scope and objectives
- Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports
- Conduct project meetings and responsible for tracking and analysis
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and review project deliverables
- Provide technical guidance, direction and mentoring to project team
- Recommend and take action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline
- Strong background in Java programming language.
- Minimum 4-5 years demonstrable experience in enterprise application development with at least two years in a hands-on technical lead/project management role
- Understanding of Object Oriented concepts, design patterns and modern application frameworks
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle, and development in Agile environments.
- Strong trouble shooting skills
- Verifiable proficiency in:
- Modern SDLC methodologies
- Spring, Struts, iBATIS, or Hibernate
- Java/JEE, SQL, XML
- Windows and UNIX (preferably Solaris and Linux) operating systems
- Oracle and Informix databases
- SOAP based XLM based Web Services
- Tomcat and Oracle/Weblogic Application Servers
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in managing Federal Government IT projects using EVM techniques is highly desirable
- PMP Certification is a strong plus
Position is located in Denver, Colorado, metropolitan area. Successful candidate will be required to clear a background screen.
NexGen Technologies, Inc. provides a dynamic and challenging work environment, with opportunities for professional growth. We offer an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, 401K with company matching, healthcare flexible spending account, paid vacation and training/tuition reimbursement.