Software Developer (GIS and JEE)
- Denver, CO
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is a premier IT services and resource provider to various civilian agencies within the Federal government with ISO 9001 certified Quality Management Systems. Our partners include major software manufacturers and large corporations and small businesses in the IT industry. Our team members are currently providing mission-critical application development and support services to civilian agencies within the Federal government.
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is looking for a Software Developer with GIS,
J2EE, C# and .NET experience as well as utilizing and customizing the ESRI
suite of ARC products to architect and
implement new GIS based federal software applications. This individual will be
required to work closely with members of the NexGen’s and client’s teams,
including but not limited to subject matter experts, technical leads, and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- The GIS J2EE C# .NET developer will be responsible for architecting, implementing and delivering custom GIS applications.
- Responsible to turn software requirements into working software solutions.
- Ability to identify and implement customizations to the ESRI GIS suite as needed.
- Troubleshoot issues reported by end users.
- Participate in appropriate meetings, workshops, and technical meetings; as well as making formal presentations
- Assist with Information Technology planning, design, developing and coordinating the installation, testing, operation, monitoring, troubleshooting/debug, and maintenance of new or existing applications.
- Bachelors degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, or related discipline
- 3+ years experience developing solutions using ESRI ArcGIS technologies, Microsoft .NET technologies, SQL Server 2005/2008 and Web Services.
- In-depth knowledge of multiple Microsoft application development languages (C#, ASP.NET, WPF, WCF)
- 2-4 years experience in Java EE application development
- Knowledge of principles, concepts, and theories of physical sciences, (e.g. geography, cartography, photogrammetry, remote sensing, surveying, geodesy) to clearly portray geospatial relationships in order to facilitate the planning, design, coordination and implementation of integrated geospatial information systems.
- Knowledge of spatial, analytical and statistical tools for modeling geospatial data to simulate natural processes, for estimation, interpolation, and prediction.
- Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques and evaluation criteria to issues concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of geospatial and information program effectiveness and operations.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying IT concepts, principles, methods and practices including security principles and methods, and oral and written communication techniques.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of personnel and external partners concerning geospatial programs and data to assist with the management and analysis of resource information.
- Presenting clear, concise and logical communication, both oral and written.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques of Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) to provide advice and guidance in the application of GIS technology.
Additional Desired Skills/Requirements:
- Prior experience with Informix and/or Oracle databases is a plus.
- Experience with Java programming language is a plus.
- Familiarity with federal government standards, policies, and guidelines.
- Knowledge of principles, concepts, and theories of resource management sciences, (e.g. forestry, hydrology, wildlife, soils, recreation) to understand their components in order to facilitate the planning, design, coordinate and implementation of integrated geospatial information systems.
The candidate should also possess strong oral and written communication, problem solving skills and should be a team player.
The successful candidate will also be able to pass background screening prior to employment.
US Citizenship or work-authorization with alien registration number required.
NexGen Technologies, Inc. provides a dynamic and challenging work environment, with opportunities for professional growth. We offer an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401K-matching, paid vacation, and tuition reimbursement.