- Denver, CO
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is a premier IT services and resource provider to various civilian agencies within the Federal government with ISO 9001 certified Quality Management Systems. Our partners include major software manufacturers and large corporations and small businesses in the IT industry. Our team members are currently providing mission-critical application development and support services to civilian agencies within the Federal government.
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is looking for an
intermediate level Enterprise Java Developer to maintain existing enterprise
Java applications. This includes supporting production applications as well as
troubleshooting, and implementing bug fixes as well as minor enhancements. We
are searching for an individual with experience in Java EE application
development who has the ability to work well within a diverse team. This
individual will be required to work closely with members of the NexGen’s and
client’s teams, including but not limited to subject matter experts, technical
leads, and project managers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Strong background in Java programming language
- Understanding of Object Oriented concepts, design patterns, and various open-source toolkits and frameworks
- Familiarity with all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle
- Enthusiasm, attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of projects are necessary. This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, and good time-management skills.
- Successful candidate will be required to clear a federal background screen.
- Demonstrable proficiency with:
- Relational Database Concepts
- Apache Web Server, Tomcat, or another industry standard Application Server platform
- Apache Struts 2
- JSP & HTML
- SOAP based Web Services
- CVS, Subversion
- Windows XP and Unix (Solaris and Linux) operating systems
- 2-4 years experience in Java EE application development
- 1-3 years experience in ColdFusion and .Net application development
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related scientific or technical degree; or equivalent experience
- Experience with Informix and Oracle Databases.
- Experience with Eclipse IDE
- Prior production support experience.
- Prior experience working in a government setting.
The candidate should also possess strong oral and written communication, problem solving skills and should be a team player.
The successful candidate will also be able to pass background screening prior to employment.
US Citizenship or work-authorization with alien registration number required.