Senior Java Developer
- Denver, CO
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is a premier IT services and resource provider to various civilian agencies within the Federal government with ISO 9001 certified Quality Management Systems. Our partners include major software manufacturers and large corporations and small businesses in the IT industry. Our team members are currently providing mission-critical application development and support services to civilian agencies within the Federal government.
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is looking for an outstanding Enterprise Java Developer to design, develop, and maintain enterprise Java applications. We are searching for an individual with experience in Java EE application development and ability to work well within a diverse team. This individual will be required to work closely with members of the NexGen’s and client’s teams, including but not limited to subject matter experts, technical leads, and project managers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Design, develop, and maintain a wide variety of software systems.
- Effectively and accurately communicate with management regarding project status, issue identification and remediation.
- Deliver reliable and high quality code to meet requirements within tight deadlines.
- Translate business specifications into a cohesive software design and implementation.
- Collaborate with technical writers to produce detailed design documentation.
- Strong background in Java programming language including J2EE web application development.
- Capacity to remain focused with task at hand as well as multi-tasking.
- Works well independently when needed as well as within small project teams assuming a leadership role.
- Strong sense of ownership for assigned tasks and willingness to go the extra mile when needed.
- Understanding of Object Oriented concepts, design patterns, and modern application frameworks
- Familiarity with all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle.
Bachelor of Science-Computer Information Systems, Computer Science degree or related discipline with 6-7 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of experience and training. 1-2 years in a team lead position desired.
- Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming
- Java/J2EE Application Development
- Experience with Web Containers such as Apache Tomcat and/or other J2EE Application servers.
- Familiarity with IDE’s such as Eclipse.
- Utilization of Apache Struts Framework
- Use of SQL to access and manipulate data in Oracle and/or Informix Databases.
- Application and understanding of Relational Database Concepts
- Development on both Windows (XP) as well as Unix (Sun Solaris) Platforms
- Understanding of all aspects of XML and XML parsers.
- Experience developingSOAPbased Web Services.
Additional Desired Skills/Requirements:
Experience and/or knowledge of the following would be considered a plus:
- Understanding of Informatica or other ETL tools.
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts and techniques.
- Programming experience using Perl.
- MAXIMO application development, customization, and integration.
- Brio/Hyperion report design, development and administration.
The candidate should also possess strong oral and written communication, problem solving skills and should be a team player.
The successful candidate will also be able to pass background screening prior to employment.
US Citizenship or work-authorization with alien registration number required.