GIS Mobile Developer
- Portland, OR
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is a premier IT services and resource provider to various civilian agencies within the Federal government with ISO 9001 certified Quality Management Systems. Our partners include major software manufacturers and large corporations and small businesses in the IT industry. Our team members are currently providing mission-critical application development and support services to civilian agencies within the Federal government.
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is looking for a GIS Mobile Developer assist the Mobile GIS lead to research user requirements, and document and test the Mobile GIS/GIS software tools, using Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) and Trimble COTS desktop software as well as ESRI ArcPad10 and emerging mobile software’s on multiple operating systems. Services are also needed to research and write curriculum and train nationally on mobile GIS systems as a live instructor, through internet courses or through self-study courses.This individual will be required to work closely with members of the NexGen’s and client’s teams, including but not limited to subject matter experts and GIS Leads.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Testing programs on mobile GIS units and coordinating User Acceptance Testing
- Working with field users to document system requirements
- Documenting schema, requirements, workflows, processes, results and user guides
- Working as a facilitator with a regional or national team to refine system
- Train and provide support to field staff in the use of Mobile GIS
- Writing curriculum, installation guides and Computer Systems Operation guides
- Teaching courses through the Internet, through self-study recorded sessions and live instruction with small groups of up to 24 persons.
- Acting as technical support liaison for users.
- Assisting to create GIS products for use on mobile devices (i.e. topographic maps, aerial photos, geodatabases, export files)
- Assisting to track licenses and order new hardware and software through the BLM purchasing and asset procedures.
- Specific skills in mobile GIS using ESRI ArcPad software
- Excellent writing skills for technical documents such as software requirements, user guides and configuration management documents.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related scientific or technical degree; or equivalent experience
- Three years of experience using ArcPad 10 on Windows Mobile
- Three years of experience developing Compact Framework Applications in Visual Studio in both 2008 and 2010 using VB.Net.
- Three years of experience developing with SQL CE.
- Three years of experience collecting natural resource data in the remote, disconnected field situations.
- Three years of experience and Skills in using Trimble GPS Hardware for field data collection
- Three years of experience supporting field users and crews collecting data out in the field
- Three years of experience in using ESRI ArcGIS 10.0 and 10.1 in a Citrix Environment.
- Three years of experience in designing geodatabases with related tables according to corporate, enterprise data standards.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques of Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) to provide advice and guidance in the application of GIS technology.
- Knowledge of principles, concepts, and theories of physical sciences, (e.g. geography, cartography, photogrammetric, remote sensing, surveying, geodesy) to clearly portray geospatial relationships in order to facilitate the planning, design, coordination and implementation of integrated geospatial information systems.
- Knowledge of spatial, analytical and statistical tools for modeling geospatial data to simulate natural processes, for estimation, interpolation, and prediction.
- Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques and evaluation criteria to issues concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of geospatial and information program effectiveness and operations.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying IT concepts, principles, methods and practices including security principles and methods, and oral and written communication techniques.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of personnel and external partners concerning geospatial programs and data to assist with the management and analysis of resource information.
Additional Desired Skills/Requirements:
- Experience in the use of ArcPad or Trimble mobile GIS software’s
- Experience in the use of ArcPad Data Manager Extension for ArcGIS
- Experience in the use of Citrix in enterprise ArcSDE editing of multiuser geodatabases
- Experience in designing and editing geodatabases with related tables to a state or national standard.
- Experience in natural resources field data collection, especially invasive species, treatments or range vegetation corporate databases.
- Familiarity with federal government standards, policies, and guidelines.
- Knowledge of principles, concepts, and theories of resource management sciences, (e.g. forestry, hydrology, wildlife, soils, recreation) to understand their components in order to facilitate the planning, design, coordinate and implementation of integrated geospatial information systems.
The candidate should also possess strong oral and written communication, problem solving skills and should be a team player.
The successful candidate will also be able to pass background screening prior to employment.
US Citizenship or work-authorization with alien registration number required.
NexGen Technologies, Inc provides a dynamic and challenging work environment with opportunities for professional growth. We offer an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401K- matching, paid vacation, and tuition reimbursement.