- Denver, CO
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is a premier IT services and resource provider to various civilian agencies within the Federal government with ISO 9001 certified Quality Management Systems. Our partners include major software manufacturers and large corporations and small businesses in the IT industry. Our team members are currently providing mission-critical application development and support services to civilian agencies within the Federal government.
ColdFusion Developer responsible for
development/maintenance of both current and future web applications written
using ColdFusion. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, creative, highly
motivated and goal-oriented team player with at least 3 years of ColdFusion
development experience, strong knowledge of MySQL and Oracle databases, and
experience with JRun and Tomcat application servers running on a Unix (Linux)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Develop/maintain both current and future web applications written using ColdFusion.
- Work closely with the Client User Representatives to troubleshoot and design solutions that meet requirements.
- Accurately and effectively communicate with the Project Manager and/or Team Lead the level of effort to implement proposed solutions, the current status of on-going work, and any potential issues.
- Work well in both a team environment as well as a sole contributor with little or no supervision.
- Possess excellent time management skills in handling multiple priorities with individual deadlines.
- Adapt to a rapidly changing environment and work creatively with minimal supervision.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related scientific or technical degree; or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in design, development and support of ColdFusion applications running in JRun and Tomcat application servers.
- 2-3 years experience in complete life-cycle of design, development, deployment and support of a web application.
- Strong knowledge of MySQL and Oracle databases
- Familiarity with Unix (Linux)
- Experience writing and deciphering complex SQL queries
- Knowledge of Relational Database Concepts
- Understanding of XML, XSLT
Additional Desired Skills/Requirements:
- .NET Development Experience a plus
- Knowledge of Java and/or J2EE is desirable
- The successful candidate will also be able to pass background screening prior to employment.
- US Citizenship or work-authorization with alien registration number required.
NexGen Technologies, Inc. provides a dynamic and challenging work environment, with opportunities for professional growth. We offer an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401K-matching, paid vacation, and tuition reimbursement.