Test Engineer with interest in certification processes
- Zürich, Switzerland
Nexxiot is an innovator in zero maintenance IoT / M2M solutions. Founded in 2015, the service is made possible through our self-developed smart sensor modules and software. We have evolved from our research heritage in ultra-low power networks, energy harvesting, complex systems and algorithms to a growing company with very close customer interaction and technically unique products & services. This combination permanently leads to high demand around the globe, we are constantly looking for new enthusiasts to improve our products, invent new ones or detect the hidden wishes of our customers from our offices in Zurich, Hamburg, Frankfurt and Dallas.
You will be part of our Devices Core Team, responsible for the specification, design, development, testing and certification of hardware devices installed on our customers assets. We use latest technology design tools throughout the development phases together with the Microsoft Office™ environment for documentation. You will join a team of enthusiastic hardware and firmware engineeers, developing fully ATEX compliant devices from specification to introduction of the development results in mass production, satisfying our customers’ demands in terms of safety and functionality.
The Test and Certification Engineer checks and assesses the specification, design and work results throughout our development cycle as part of our processes to ensure the overall quality of the products being developed. You will liaise with internal stakeholders, manufactures as well as with a range of international notified bodies and certification authorities for product testing and certification.
- Design support, reviewing and testing to obtain industrial certifications, including but not limited to: full CE compliance, Functional Safety SIL2 [SB1], ATEX, for installation of our products in hazardous and industrial locations and environments
- Manage and maintain existing and future products ATEX compliance
- Estimate, Assess and examine all aspects related to product safety and certification
- Pretesting for Research & Development
- Assess products to for compliance to relevant standards
- Establish test systems and perform model-based as well as prototype-based tests
- Verification and Validation with certification is within your scope of work
- Dedicated Technical Training & Development
You are from a Quality, Industrial Product Development or Test Manufacturing background with deep interest in Engineering, Documentation and Certification:
- Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or other relevant studies
- Experience in the following topics: FCC, Communication Standards (4G, 5G, Wifi), Hardware development and testing, Security and CBTC or similar
- Experience with ATEX certification is a plus, but not a must
- Solid knowledge of designing and conducting (physical) tests for devices in house and in cooperation with testing laboratories
- You are able to work autonomous and drive certification forward, bring a sense of initiative, are able to structure the certification process like a project manager
- Ability to understand the needs of testing and certification and “translate” it for our Engineers
- You have the ability to work in an international and dynamic environment
- You are able to define, describe and explain development decisions, implementation approaches and work results to our external partners, customers and certification authorities to obtain common understanding
- Fluent English and German language skills are a must
We are based at a top location right at Zurich Hardbrücke. Our recruitment team is looking forward to receiving your CV via our career portal or via the button below.
Nexxiot is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and is an important driver of our success and culture.