Senior Software Engineer - Android
- Menlo Park, CA
Next Issue Media, the company behind the Next Issue digital newsstand and app, is a joint venture formed by five leading U.S.-based publishers – Condé Nast, Hearst, Meredith, News Corp., and Time Inc. The company was formed to develop, market and deliver interactive digital editions of the world’s most popular magazines and newspapers optimized for the digital device of your choice.
Next Issue offers "all-you-can-read" unlimited access to our entire catalog of digital magazines, starting at just $9.99 per month.
The Next Issue newsstand and app includes Better Homes and Gardens, Condé Nast Traveler, Esquire, Elle, Fortune, Glamour, Parents, People, Popular Mechanics, Real Simple, Sports Illustrated, TIME, The New Yorker, Vanity Fair and many more. Our magazines are custom-designed for the tablet experience and include enhancements such as videos, bonus photography and interactive features.
Next Issue Media is seeking a highly motivated, self-starting mobile application engineer that is responsible for the design, architecture and implementation of applications that run on Google Android OS.
- Collaborate with server-side engineers to optimize scalability and network efficiency.
- Design and develop feature enhancements in an agile work environment.
- Participate in testing regularly scheduled releases.
- Stay up-to-date with relevant technologies and proactively suggest architecture changes and new coding practices.
- Maintain a self-starting, highly motivated, detail-oriented approach to all projects.
- Proactively and effectively communicating issues and barriers regarding the project to Management and Product teams.
- Advocate for best practices, great usability and exceptional quality.
- 3 – 5 years of software development experience building client applications on mobile platforms.
- Exceptional Java programming experience.
- Proven track record of developing complex and intuitive interfaces for mobile applications and successfully launching apps in Android Google Play.
- Strong knowledge in Object Orientation designs.
- Comprehensive experience of Android SDK.
- Highly motivated individual, proactive in defining and solving difficult and innovative problems.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent