Java Server Engineer
- Menlo Park, CA
Next Issue Media, the company behind the Next Issue digital newsstand and app, is a joint venture formed by five leading U.S.-based publishers – Condé Nast, Hearst, Meredith, News Corp., and Time Inc. The company was formed to develop, market and deliver interactive digital editions of the world’s most popular magazines and newspapers optimized for the digital device of your choice.
Next Issue offers "all-you-can-read" unlimited access to our entire catalog of digital magazines, starting at just $9.99 per month.
The Next Issue newsstand and app includes Better Homes and Gardens, Condé Nast Traveler, Esquire, Elle, Fortune, Glamour, Parents, People, Popular Mechanics, Real Simple, Sports Illustrated, TIME, The New Yorker, Vanity Fair and many more. Our magazines are custom-designed for the tablet experience and include enhancements such as videos, bonus photography and interactive features.
- Develop feature enhancements and design in an agile work environment.
- Collaborate with clients, operations and QA engineers to optimize scalability and network efficiency.
- Participate in testing regularly scheduled releases.
- Stay up-to-date with relevant technologies and proactively suggest architecture changes and new coding practices.
- Maintain a self-starting, highly motivated, detail-oriented approach to all projects.
- Proactively and effectively communicating issues and barriers regarding the project to Management and Product teams.
- Advocate for best practices, great usability and exceptional quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-5 years of software development experience
- Object Oriented programing with Java
- Experience on designing and developing new features
- Database design and modeling
- Experience with Spring framework
- Work closely with product teams to gather requirements
- Experience with PostrestSQL, high availability and scalable applications a plus
- Exposure to payment systems a plus
- Competitive Salary
- Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401K matching
- Offices in Menlo Park (close to Menlo Park Caltrain station) and Financial District
- Fitness center, yoga, ping-pong, pinball, and team bonding events
- A fun, flexible, and friendly startup
If you love magazines and want to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the digital space, please apply!