- San Marcos, TX
Nextgen Technologies Inc
Location : San Marcos/ TX
Duration : 8 months
" ManMan and/or SAP experience is a plus."
Plan, schedule, monitors, executes and control key functions, manufacturing resources and suppliers to meet schedules shipments in a quality and cost effective manner. Schedules the flow materials, components, or inventory within the plant. Performs detailed inventory analyses and address problems in an effort to keep system data accuracy high, excess inventory minimized, and manufacturing plans on schedule. Work is performed in a limited range of operations or processes and short-term schedules.
• Plans, prepares, orders, issues and controls production schedules, tooling and material
requirements to ensure a controlled flow of materials to meet production requirements.
• Provides detailed schedules for production equipment within the framework of an established master
• Monitors work backlogs and sequences orders to meet promised dates and optimize production.
• Advises management of the status of work in progress, identifies critical path problems and makes
recommendations for corrective actions. Monitor’s stock and control flow of inventory, including
disposal of residual or obsolete materials.
• Assigns priorities to obtain timely action and to minimize productions delays due to design changes,
tool problems, machine malfunctions or defective materials.
• Communicates changes and inventory issues with manufacturing, quality, purchasing, and customer
• Schedules to minimize waste, optimize efficiencies, and utilize capacities.
• Revises schedules to accommodate rush orders, rework, and breakdown.
• Requisitions materials and establishes sequential delivery dates to departments, according to jobs
order priorities and materials availability.
• Responsible for the analysis of sales order releases with respect to capacity planning and material
• Responsible for the management of inventory levels, schedules and availability of selected item, either
manufactured or purchased, to meet production schedules.
• Confirms and tracks project costs, including material costs, labor, and man-hours, and apply to project
• Identifies and analyzes project variances and prepare variances notices.
• Compiles and maintains manual or computerized records such as materials inventory, in process
production reports, and status of materials.
• Confers with department supervisors to determine progress of work and to provide information on
changes in processing methods received from methods or engineering departments.
• Process, expedite requests, and delivery inquiries from Marketing. Audit and correct inventory errors.
• Order and distribute finished goods labels.
• Creatively solves complex planning and scheduling problems and deal with a variety of changing
situations under stress.
• Trains and assists other planners on new processes or any other training that may be needed.
• Help with invoicing and receiving when needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS:
• Daily interaction with direct reports, plant supervision, management, and employees throughout the
plant and office.
• Experience with MANMAN and SAP preferred.
• Experience in a JIT environment a plus
• Good communications skills; computer proficiency; strong interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to handle a wide varied workload.
• Listen and objectively consider ideas and suggestions from others.
• Ability to “think outside the box.”
A Bachelor's Degree is preferred, but not required.
In person Interview.