Senior Software Engineer (Endpoint Agent)
- Lausanne, Switzerland
- Employees can work remotely
Hi, we’re Nexthink. We’re not just the leader in the digital employee experience category, we invented the category. Our solutions combine real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback across all endpoints to help IT teams delight people at work. Our cloud-native platform pinpoints issues and solutions, automates response, and helps companies continuously improve their employees’ experience, making them more productive, efficient, and happy at work. We have millions of endpoints deployed, we’ve surpassed $100M in ARR, and we’ve recently secured $180M in Series D financing for a company valuation of $1.1B, but we’re just getting started.
Inside the Nexthink Engineering department, the team you will be joining participates in building what we call the Collectors: the endpoint agents that run on the system of the millions of employees mentioned above.
In a nutshell, Collectors extract meaningful information about what's going on the OS, interpret it and feed it to our amazing data analytics systems. They also help to remediate detected issues and improve users experience of using their devices. Collectors are the complex and critical part of Nexthink product. They require highest level of reliability and performance on each of platform our Collectors currently running: Windows, macOS and Linux.
- Challenge #1: create comprehensive and reliable solutions
- Challenge #2: do it for several platforms, using all the best from each platform
- Challenge #3: still, keep solutions cross-platform where possible
Our engineers are excited to take on broad non-conventional problems and are able to narrow them down to a relevant shape and function. They constantly come up with ideas to improve our product, they prototype them, then see them through in production and measure their impact. All of this with the very high standards of quality, performance and security that are part of our DNA.
- At least 7-10 years of experience in software development.
- You are fluent C++, preferably up to date with the latest iterations of the standard.
- Very good demonstrable understanding of operating systems internals.
- Experience in software development on Windows and/or macOS platform.
- Proven experience of leading or being important individual contributor for one or more significant projects.
- Consistently write concise and very well tested code.
- You can navigate and debug a complex architecture code using the tools available and you have very strong attention to details.
- You communicate clearly and concisely in English.
You have an advantage if you have experience in one or several of the following areas:
- Software development on both, Windows and macOS.
- OS-level software development.
- Kernel-mode software development.
- Implementation of installers and/or updaters.
- Network communication.
- Python and/or bash.
- Multi-platform/cross-platform development.
We are 800+ employees strong in 21 countries across 8 different time zones speaking 60+ languages. We are positive, we get things done, we keep growing, and we are one team, we are Nexthink. We believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusion, and equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational and multilingual, and come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuinely representative workforce that can create solutions and foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience.